Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Turn off wifi and Camara issue

I was wondering if there is anyway to turn wifi off..

I have this issue. I don't use wifi often, so I turn it off.. But every time I plug the phone in order to get it charged, wifi turn automatically on.

Other issue.. I use my bluetooth earphones , so must of the time my phone is in my pocket.. If I want to turn the volume up.. I reach the phone press the volume and.. Camera opens ..

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Turn off wifi and Camara issue

Are you on sprint? I know the connections manager connected me to Wifi automatically a few times before I tweaked settings.

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Didier Gonzalez View Post
    I was wondering if there is anyway to turn wifi off..

I have this issue. I don't use wifi often, so I turn it off.. But every time I plug the phone in order to get it charged, wifi turn automatically on.

Other issue.. I use my bluetooth earphones , so must of the time my phone is in my pocket.. If I want to turn the volume up.. I reach the phone press the volume and.. Camera opens ..

Any suggestions?

Thanks

For Wifi check your settings - settings>wifi>tap three dot overflow menu and select advanced>tap keep wifi on during sleep and make sure "never" is selected - see if this helps

For the camera - sounds like your motion gestures is activating and causing the camera to turn on with the volume press

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post

For the camera - sounds like your motion gestures is activating and causing the camera to turn on with the volume press
    This. You can turn off motion launch gestures in settings, but that turns all of them off. I don't think you can selectively turn off the camera gesture while leaving the others on.

The camera motion launch will only work when the phone is held landscape, not portrait. In the advanced settings menu for Wi-Fi, you can adjust what Wi-Fi will do when plugged in. You can have it setup to keep Wi-Fi on while plugged in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for your help.. But so far out of luck.. Wifi keeps turning on automatically every time I plug the phone to the charge.