Installing apps to the SD card

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I understand that with Kitkat Google doesn't allow installing apps on the SD card. Is there any way to overcome this limitation?

I am using the HTC One M8 with Sense 6.

Thanks.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Google does allow for apps to goto SD cards just not the same way as before and the Devs have to adjust for this. So if an app can't goto SD card than ask the Dev to update.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Personally I never put apps to SD. I use the sd card for music, movies and photos (photos backed up to Box that is). With 32gb of internal on the device I don't think it's a necessity

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I understand that with Kitkat Google doesn't allow installing apps on the SD card. Is there any way to overcome this limitation?

I am using the HTC One M8 with Sense 6.

Thanks.

You can move the apps that support it - settings>apps>swipe over to sd card>tap the app you want to move to sd card and select move
I believe in some cases though not all of the app data will move to the sd card or at least that has been my experience in the past, maybe it's better implemented now since I haven't done it in a while.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Personally I never put apps to SD. I use the sd card for music, movies and photos (photos backed up to Box that is). With 32gb of internal on the device I don't think it's a necessity

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

The European version comes with 16GB only.