Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Installing apps to the SD card

I understand that with Kitkat Google doesn't allow installing apps on the SD card. Is there any way to overcome this limitation?

I am using the HTC One M8 with Sense 6.

Thanks.
    iMac 27" mid 2013, iPad Air 64GB Cellular White/Silver, HTC One M8 Gunmetal gray

Default Re: Installing apps to the SD card

Google does allow for apps to goto SD cards just not the same way as before and the Devs have to adjust for this. So if an app can't goto SD card than ask the Dev to update.

Personally I never put apps to SD. I use the sd card for music, movies and photos (photos backed up to Box that is). With 32gb of internal on the device I don't think it's a necessity

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by petvas72 View Post
    I understand that with Kitkat Google doesn't allow installing apps on the SD card. Is there any way to overcome this limitation?

I am using the HTC One M8 with Sense 6.

Thanks.
    You can move the apps that support it - settings>apps>swipe over to sd card>tap the app you want to move to sd card and select move
    I believe in some cases though not all of the app data will move to the sd card or at least that has been my experience in the past, maybe it's better implemented now since I haven't done it in a while.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Personally I never put apps to SD. I use the sd card for music, movies and photos (photos backed up to Box that is). With 32gb of internal on the device I don't think it's a necessity

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    The European version comes with 16GB only.
    iMac 27" mid 2013, iPad Air 64GB Cellular White/Silver, HTC One M8 Gunmetal gray