Pictures coming out with blue tint

mackie99

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Why are pictures taken with M8 stock photo app coming out blue.

Top is from stock photo app with white balance set to daylight.

Bottom is photo taken with the new Google camera app set to auto everything.

htc-one-m8.jpg

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I've not had this issue but you should try tapping the subject on the screen whenever you don't feel that the shot looks right. It will not only refocus, but recalculate the white balance, exposure, and various other settings. Tapping different areas of the subject with offer wildly different results.

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
It could be that you set it to daylight but the camera appears to be in the shade, it may have gotten a bit confused.
White balance, exposure and focus is pretty complicated which is why cameras can and do get it wrong.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
It could be that you set it to daylight but the camera appears to be in the shade, it may have gotten a bit confused.
White balance, exposure and focus is pretty complicated which is why cameras can and do get it wrong.

+1 it's most likely that you have it set to daylight

Posted via Android Central App

mackie99

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes, as stated in the original post, I did set it to daylight. Also, I did tap around to try to get the best picture. I have 8 pictures that look exactly like the top part of the photo I attached. I'm thinking I should take it back for a new phone.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, as stated in the original post, I did set it to daylight. Also, I did tap around to try to get the best picture. I have 8 pictures that look exactly like the top part of the photo I attached. I'm thinking I should take it back for a new phone.

What I meant was that most likely you had it set to daylight, and that's what's causing the blue tint. Change it to auto white balance and see if it fixes your issue

Posted via Android Central App

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

Why would you take it back for a new phone? Clearly its just a software thing and like already stated you should try it with different settings...besides, I've had blue pictures before too, and that's because I had it on different settings.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
If EVERYTHING is coming out like that and it's not just an anamoly, then, yes, you may have a problem. The M8 does saturate blues a touch but I haven't had anything quite like the photo you posted. Be sure to try a couple dozen different environments.

chobits

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I heard that HTC M8 indeed has cool white balance
Not really my preference, but i've seen many great photos coming from this device and they can be stunning
Depending on who's behind the camera

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs