is google camera *better* than stock m8 camera app?

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I've tried the Google app and deleted it soon after.
I prefer the HTC camera UI and ufocus.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Guys, I have a feelign that google camera app is way better than m8 stock camera...

based on this post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8/382704-pictures-coming-out-blue-tint.html

can anyone post comparison pics to confirm this?

Sure, let me borrow that back yard and give me the same lighting. I'll be more then happy to help.

He also shot them under two different modes and you want me to take it seriously?

Posted via Android Central App on my all new One

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Sure, let me borrow that back yard and give me the same lighting. I'll be more then happy to help.

He also shot them under two different modes and you want me to take it seriously?

Posted via Android Central App on my all new One

well when I asked the question, I wasn't joking around. Why wouldn't you take it seriously?

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
well when I asked the question, I wasn't joking around. Why wouldn't you take it seriously?

He had the white balance set to daylight in the sense camera app. If it was set to auto, it wouldn't have looked like that

The white balance was set on auto in the Google camera app.

Not a fair comparison

Posted via Android Central App

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I'll say it again, one test was done in daylight mode. The other was done in auto. If both were done with the same mode, then cool, we can compare. But they weren't.

Let's look at it like cars. When testing gas mileage, would you trust a test that compared one car on the highway and one on city streets, both with driving 100 miles? Who do you think will get the best gas mileage? Don't you think the if both were tested equally, it would be a far more fare test?

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I'll say it again, one test was done in daylight mode. The other was done in auto. If both were done with the same mode, then cool, we can compare. But they weren't.

Let's look at it like cars. When testing gas mileage, would you trust a test that compared one car on the highway and one on city streets, both with driving 100 miles? Who do you think will get the best gas mileage? Don't you think the if both were tested equally, it would be a far more fare test?

I was hoping m8 owners would test this out since I dont have one. Only they can make sure the test are equal condition. My question was meant 2 apps in all auto settings.