Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By warpdrive
  • 1 Post By Skyway
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default is google camera *better* than stock m8 camera app?

    Guys, I have a feelign that google camera app is way better than m8 stock camera...

    based on this post: Pictures coming out with blue tint

    can anyone post comparison pics to confirm this?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: is google camera *better* than stock m8 camera app?

    I've tried the Google app and deleted it soon after.
    I prefer the HTC camera UI and ufocus.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: is google camera *better* than stock m8 camera app?

    Same. Stock is much better imo.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
  4. #4  
    KoukiFC3S's Avatar
    Android Connaisseur

    Posts
    1,474 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,677 Global Posts

    Default Re: is google camera *better* than stock m8 camera app?

    I haven't had those white balance issues with the stock sense camera.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  
    ChrisGonzales90's Avatar

    Posts
    310 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: is google camera *better* than stock m8 camera app?

    No issues with the sense app.

    Not all google apps are perfect. Hell stock android is for from perfect.

    Posted via Android Central App
    My cell phone history for the last decade.

    2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackoceanz View Post
    Guys, I have a feelign that google camera app is way better than m8 stock camera...

    based on this post: Pictures coming out with blue tint

    can anyone post comparison pics to confirm this?
    Sure, let me borrow that back yard and give me the same lighting. I'll be more then happy to help.

    He also shot them under two different modes and you want me to take it seriously?

    Posted via Android Central App on my all new One
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: is google camera *better* than stock m8 camera app?

    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    Sure, let me borrow that back yard and give me the same lighting. I'll be more then happy to help.

    He also shot them under two different modes and you want me to take it seriously?

    Posted via Android Central App on my all new One
    well when I asked the question, I wasn't joking around. Why wouldn't you take it seriously?
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackoceanz View Post
    well when I asked the question, I wasn't joking around. Why wouldn't you take it seriously?
    He had the white balance set to daylight in the sense camera app. If it was set to auto, it wouldn't have looked like that

    The white balance was set on auto in the Google camera app.

    Not a fair comparison


    Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackoceanz View Post
    well when I asked the question, I wasn't joking around. Why wouldn't you take it seriously?
    I'll say it again, one test was done in daylight mode. The other was done in auto. If both were done with the same mode, then cool, we can compare. But they weren't.

    Let's look at it like cars. When testing gas mileage, would you trust a test that compared one car on the highway and one on city streets, both with driving 100 miles? Who do you think will get the best gas mileage? Don't you think the if both were tested equally, it would be a far more fare test?

    Posted via Android Central App
    icenija likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: is google camera *better* than stock m8 camera app?

    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    I'll say it again, one test was done in daylight mode. The other was done in auto. If both were done with the same mode, then cool, we can compare. But they weren't.

    Let's look at it like cars. When testing gas mileage, would you trust a test that compared one car on the highway and one on city streets, both with driving 100 miles? Who do you think will get the best gas mileage? Don't you think the if both were tested equally, it would be a far more fare test?

    Posted via Android Central App
    I was hoping m8 owners would test this out since I dont have one. Only they can make sure the test are equal condition. My question was meant 2 apps in all auto settings.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: is google camera *better* than stock m8 camera app?

    Google camera app, auto no editing
    is google camera *better* than stock m8 camera app?-uploadfromtaptalk1398102606566.jpg

    Sense camera app, auto no editing
    is google camera *better* than stock m8 camera app?-uploadfromtaptalk1398102651266.jpg

    sent from my HTC One M8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
    Thanked by:
    icenija likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: is google camera *better* than stock m8 camera app?

    I use the stock HTC camera and haven't had any problems with it

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: is google camera *better* than stock m8 camera app?

    look about the same here

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-20-2014, 09:48 PM
  2. music from Google play store
    By xmostwanted559x in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-20-2014, 08:24 PM
  3. Google Search Widget
    By fofjjsr in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-20-2014, 05:28 PM
  4. Unable to Move Apps to SD Card
    By truenoboy in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2014, 12:41 PM
  5. Best App for the Samsung Galaxy S5
    By sirmaru in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2014, 11:46 AM

Posting Permissions