Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Update improved double tap?

Anyone wale find that double tap works better after the update? I can use double tap and other gestures while my phone is on a flat surface. Used to have to pick it up to activate it.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Update improved double tap?

I can't tell, but for me double tap worked good from the beginning. I have a European M8 though and got the update at the same day I got my device, so I can't really know..
    iMac 27" mid 2013, iPad Air 64GB Cellular White/Silver, HTC One M8 Gunmetal gray

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

To be honest, I think double tapping does have improved responsiveness. Before the update I had to tap pretty hard, but now my M8 responds to much lighter taps

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

I still have to move mine after the update. In fact, it's even tougher to get it the swipe to work after the update, but double tapping seems to work fine.
    Proud owner of: Black LG G3 & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)

Definitely improved double tap on mine. Love the ability to wake the phone without lifting it off the table -- could not do that before the update.

Posted via Android Central App

double tap isn't working that great 30% of the time. Sometimes I tap it like 20 times still doesn't wake... so i just wipe left or right

Quote Originally Posted by jackoceanz View Post
    double tap isn't working that great 30% of the time. Sometimes I tap it like 20 times still doesn't wake... so i just wipe left or right
    Mine is very responsive, even when sitting on a flat surface.
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition

Double tap is rubbish here. Only works every 3-4 attempts. Whereas the flick up to unlock works perfectly most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerghost View Post
    Double tap is rubbish here. Only works every 3-4 attempts. Whereas the flick up to unlock works perfectly most of the time.
    i almost never use double tap coz of that. i swipe left or right. which works like 99% of the time

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

I have the Verizon M8 and double tap has worked perfect from day one. I use it all the time along with swipe left or right. I wonder if it is certain carrier versions with the issue or if it's just totally random. Hope it is fixed with an update for those with the issue.

Sent from my HTC One M8

In my case, double tap works much faster when the phone is in my hand rather than laying somewhere. That's probably very obvious, though.

Hi folks... Having just bought this phone, I too am a bit frustrated that I have to pick up the phone to double tap... 9/10 times on a flat surface it dos not work... However, I do find if I have just been using it and need to wake it up, the double tap works... but if has been idle for more than 5/10 mins, I have to lift it off the surface to wake...

I am not sure what this 'swipe' is... Anyone care to tell me how to change to this... Thx

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineAddict View Post
    Hi folks... Having just bought this phone, I too am a bit frustrated that I have to pick up the phone to double tap... 9/10 times on a flat surface it dos not work... However, I do find if I have just been using it and need to wake it up, the double tap works... but if has been idle for more than 5/10 mins, I have to lift it off the surface to wake...

I am not sure what this 'swipe' is... Anyone care to tell me how to change to this... Thx
    Unlock directly to an app by pressing the corresponding dock icon and swiping up
    Unlock to most recent activity by swiping up from the middle of your screen
    Unlock to Blinkfeed by swiping right from the middle of your screen
    Unlock to your Homescreen by swiping left from the middle of your screen
    Unlock to Google Now by swiping up from the very bottom of the screen
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition

Hey bud... thx for this, but I still find that if my phone has been fleet idle for 10-20 mins... none of the touch, or swiping works... :-(