Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mchockeyvette27
  • 1 Post By ChrisGonzales90
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default different Notification Shade on stock ATT M8?

I know I know this is very minor or OCD of me, but I really don't like the aesthetics of the M8 Notification slide. Short of rooting, is there anything I can do to help my cause?

Wasn't a huge fan of it on my S4 but I managed. This to me just seems a little worse. No flaming needed, it's just my opinion.

I'm certainly not going back to iOS anytime soon, but I think that they did a really good job with the notification slide/shade.

Thanks
    David

Default Re: different Notification Shade on stock ATT M8?

So what are you bothered by? Does it need more function to it? Or a better design? The notification tray is a system thing, so if you're looking to customize the general look of it, well you really can't. You can download apps that'll add things to it like weather or battery or quick toggles(even though they're on the other page)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    B0WIE likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    So what are you bothered by? Does it need more function to it? Or a better design? The notification tray is a system thing, so if you're looking to customize the general look of it, well you really can't. You can download apps that'll add things to it like weather or battery or quick toggles(even though they're on the other page)

I guess the functionality. With iOS notification everything to lumped together by app and then time.

With this is by time but then random with the ongoing or running items.

For example, I have current items in there at 931pm, 921pm, an app telling me to clean junk(with no time stamp), 856pm, 853pm, my Audible app paused from 0700 this morning with no time stamp, a Google Now update at 931 then finally at the bottom my Talon Pull update of 13 new tweets. It's just so random. The running or constant things should be at the top then maybe a divider then the ongoing notifications coming in under that.

I know it's minor and OCD but just discussing it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iFortWorth View Post
    I guess the functionality. With iOS notification everything to lumped together by app and then time.

With this is by time but then random with the ongoing or running items.

For example, I have current items in there at 931pm, 921pm, an app telling me to clean junk(with no time stamp), 856pm, 853pm, my Audible app paused from 0700 this morning with no time stamp, a Google Now update at 931 then finally at the bottom my Talon Pull update of 13 new tweets. It's just so random. The running or constant things should be at the top then maybe a divider then the ongoing notifications coming in under that.

I know it's minor and OCD but just discussing it. Thanks
    Yeah I get that. So you'd rather notifications be handled like how it is on galaxy phones. Cause that divides the ongoing and dismisable.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes, I suppose that's what I'm getting at.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, I suppose that's what I'm getting at.

Well it seems like HTC really wanted to keep things as clean as possible and not add a bunch of stuff in the notification shade. And I applaud them for that cause I think Samsung's and lg's notification trays specifically are too cluttered with all the system things they have in there. But I do agree, as far as organization goes, its a little messy. But there really isn't anyway around that I don't believe.

I know I know this is very minor or OCD of me, but I really don't like the aesthetics of the M8 Notification slide. Short of rooting, is there anything I can do to help my cause?

Wasn't a huge fan of it on my S4 but I managed. This to me just seems a little worse. No flaming needed, it's just my opinion.

I'm certainly not going back to iOS anytime soon, but I think that they did a really good job with the notification slide/shade.

Thanks
    David
    If that's the look you want try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cationsg&hl=en
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    If that's the look you want try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cationsg&hl=en
    Hmmmm. Thanks sir. I will.

Global Posts
    1,647 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None

I personally wouldn't mind an option to group notifications like on iOS or samsung. In fact maybe Google should make that a standard in android 5.0? Have a quick way to clear all, or still swipe them out individually.

like this?

different Notification Shade on stock ATT M8?-mainnotification1-1333317998.jpg

I do like how you can customize the quick toggles but people often forget that quick toggles isn't new to HTC

different Notification Shade on stock ATT M8?-notif.jpg

different Notification Shade on stock ATT M8?-finalnotif1.jpg

different Notification Shade on stock ATT M8?-htc_sense_3_0_notification_drawer.png
    warpdrive likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I like that ALOT Chris. The one at the top most of all.

Global Posts
    1,647 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None

I like that ALOT Chris. The one at the top most of all.
    I'm pretty sure that was sense 3 or 3.5. the time when sense was really bloated and fat....

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGonzales90 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was sense 3 or 3.5. the time when sense was really bloated and fat....
    Yes, that is sense 3/.5 as that is what my evo3d looks like.

Posted via Android Central App on my all new One