Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Default Email question

Hello all! I'm new to this forum. I just switched from an iPhone and I'm happy so far. I just had a question about the email. With an iphone, new emails would come automatically without me having to go to the mail app and refresh. This one doesn't? Anyway to make that happen? I just always have to go to my mail app and pull down to refresh and there's tons of emails I missed lol thanks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Email question

Which email app? More than likely you will need to adjust the sync settings within the app's settings menu.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craftmatic35 View Post
    Which email app? More than likely you will need to adjust the sync settings within the app's settings menu.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Just the stock app. I've messed with the sync options and I still don't see the badge on the icon when I get a new email. I have to go inside the app to refresh and get the emails.

Thought you were talking about emails being pushed too your phone. There is most likely an app that can add badges to the icons. Hopefully someone will have a better answer. There is Tesla Unread but I believe it requires nova launcher.

Sent from my HTC One M8

If you use Gmail just use the Gmail app, otherwise you'll need to adjust the sync settings.

Posted via Android Central App

I rely on mine to get my emails asap and it works well for that. If you're saying that it doesn't give you email notifications, then definitely check your settings. It should let you know when an email arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by ree3312 View Post
    Hello all! I'm new to this forum. I just switched from an iPhone and I'm happy so far. I just had a question about the email. With an iphone, new emails would come automatically without me having to go to the mail app and refresh. This one doesn't? Anyway to make that happen? I just always have to go to my mail app and pull down to refresh and there's tons of emails I missed lol thanks!

Go into settings, under accounts & sync, make sure you have auto sync turned on
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

Use whatever app is supported by your email provider. The stock app lacks features and functionality. I use Gmail and the Gmail app works perfectly.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

I turned auto sync on and didn't know you could without everything be on auto sync! Lol I turned it off because someone said to for battery purposes. But I checked the other auto sync apps and they were turned off except the email. Thanks everyone. I hope that does it.

You can download the cloud magic app, it's the best email app out there

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

I'll that app. I turned auto sync on and 20 minutes later I went to my email and it refreshed and there was an email from 10 minutes ago smh

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

I'll try that app*

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    You can download the cloud magic app, it's the best email app out there

Does it show a number badge on the icon letting you know the number of email you have? i kinda miss that.

I think the badges on icons displaying counts is something that has to be supported by the launcher, not a specific app. For example, if you use Nova Launcher, it has a helper app to enable the badge counts on "popular" app icons. You lose some Sense stuff going to a new launcher, but it is something you can try and toggle to see which you prefer.
    Thanked by:
    J-Dam 

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dam View Post
    Does it show a number badge on the icon letting you know the number of email you have? i kinda miss that.
    No it doesn't

Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
    Thanked by:
    J-Dam 

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loraque View Post
    I think the badges on icons displaying counts is something that has to be supported by the launcher, not a specific app. For example, if you use Nova Launcher, it has a helper app to enable the badge counts on "popular" app icons. You lose some Sense stuff going to a new launcher, but it is something you can try and toggle to see which you prefer.
    i am currently messing around with Nova now. Looks like the "badge count" is only available with Prime. Gonna load up Solo Launcher and see if it has the option(as i really liked the layout of Solo).