Email question

ree3312

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello all! I'm new to this forum. I just switched from an iPhone and I'm happy so far. I just had a question about the email. With an iphone, new emails would come automatically without me having to go to the mail app and refresh. This one doesn't? Anyway to make that happen? I just always have to go to my mail app and pull down to refresh and there's tons of emails I missed lol thanks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

ree3312

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Which email app? More than likely you will need to adjust the sync settings within the app's settings menu.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Just the stock app. I've messed with the sync options and I still don't see the badge on the icon when I get a new email. I have to go inside the app to refresh and get the emails.

craftmatic35

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Thought you were talking about emails being pushed too your phone. There is most likely an app that can add badges to the icons. Hopefully someone will have a better answer. There is Tesla Unread but I believe it requires nova launcher.

Sent from my HTC One M8

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I rely on mine to get my emails asap and it works well for that. If you're saying that it doesn't give you email notifications, then definitely check your settings. It should let you know when an email arrives.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello all! I'm new to this forum. I just switched from an iPhone and I'm happy so far. I just had a question about the email. With an iphone, new emails would come automatically without me having to go to the mail app and refresh. This one doesn't? Anyway to make that happen? I just always have to go to my mail app and pull down to refresh and there's tons of emails I missed lol thanks!

Go into settings, under accounts & sync, make sure you have auto sync turned on

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Use whatever app is supported by your email provider. The stock app lacks features and functionality. I use Gmail and the Gmail app works perfectly.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ree3312

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I turned auto sync on and didn't know you could without everything be on auto sync! Lol I turned it off because someone said to for battery purposes. But I checked the other auto sync apps and they were turned off except the email. Thanks everyone. I hope that does it.

ree3312

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'll that app. I turned auto sync on and 20 minutes later I went to my email and it refreshed and there was an email from 10 minutes ago smh

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I think the badges on icons displaying counts is something that has to be supported by the launcher, not a specific app. For example, if you use Nova Launcher, it has a helper app to enable the badge counts on "popular" app icons. You lose some Sense stuff going to a new launcher, but it is something you can try and toggle to see which you prefer.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I think the badges on icons displaying counts is something that has to be supported by the launcher, not a specific app. For example, if you use Nova Launcher, it has a helper app to enable the badge counts on "popular" app icons. You lose some Sense stuff going to a new launcher, but it is something you can try and toggle to see which you prefer.

i am currently messing around with Nova now. Looks like the "badge count" is only available with Prime. Gonna load up Solo Launcher and see if it has the option(as i really liked the layout of Solo).