Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do some speaker cover holes appear to be clogged on your phones?

Some of the speaker hold appear to be clogged (not from my doing)....may be glue ect?

Anyone else with the same issue?

Default Re: Do some speaker cover holes appear to be clogged on your phones?

That's how they are. Only the left side of the top and bottom speakers are...well...speakers. So its not an issue.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    cmilviper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cmilviper View Post
    Some of the speaker hold appear to be clogged (not from my doing)....may be glue ect?

Anyone else with the same issue?
    I don't think they're "clogged", per se, but I think they wanted to keep that design, and the "clean" area at the top is the LED, with the three at the bottom being the main microphone. And the left half are the speakers.

At least, that's what I think haha.
    cmilviper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    That's how they are. Only the left side of the top and bottom speakers are...well...speakers. So its not an issue.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    ^This. There's been numerous threads and, no worries, it's not an issue. The whole grille is not a speaker as speakers aren't shaped like that.
    cmilviper likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well, I'll be damn......It would seem that HTC would just leave all of the holes black and empty for a cleaner look....so it does not look like a woman's make-up or lotion is clogging the phone...lol....Thank guys.

Quote Originally Posted by cmilviper View Post
    Well, I'll be damn......It would seem that HTC would just leave all of the holes black and empty for a cleaner look....so it does not look like a woman's make-up or lotion is clogging the phone...lol....Thank guys.
    I know what you're saying, but that would invite dirt and moisture.
    cmilviper likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by B0WIE View Post
    I know what you're saying, but that would invite dirt and moisture.
    Haha....You are right again....True, True.....I did not even think of that. You guys are good.