Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default GSAM Readout

    I feel I just don't get as great battery life as some people on this board. I've only.charge the phone a few times and I've had it for just under a week so maybe it's needs more time. Anyway gets a GSAM shot for today so far...thoughts?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout



    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    Phone Radio looks pretty high. Are you in a low service area?

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
  4. #4  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    these are my stats,i get really good battery life per charge GSAM Readout-screenshot_2014-04-21-20-10-15-1-.jpg and that's without using any battery saving mode
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
  5. #5  
    buckifvr's Avatar

    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,609 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    Doesn't really look too bad. Overall screen time is a little low. You could reduce your screen brightness and try to reduce the screens battery consumption.

    Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.
    Topgonzo likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    My screen brightness is well below halfway and as far as I know I'm in a decent coverage area. I have Verizon and since they're lame with restrictions we're yet to get any power saving mode
  7. #7  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmcheesedanish View Post
    My screen brightness is well below halfway and as far as I know I'm in a decent coverage area. I have Verizon and since they're lame with restrictions we're yet to get any power saving mode
    it really depends on what you are doing with you're phone,if you are playing games,watching videos and stuff of that nature the battery will run down quicker.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    I guess that's where my concerns come in. I text and browse the web. Light on phone calls, not a single game. I watch YouTube videos but maybe a total of a half hour.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout



    Second day using GSAM...what day you about this battery usage?

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
  10. #10  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    i don't know,those battery stats don't look normal to me,i am currently at 8 hours without being charged,and i have 3 hours and 10 minutes of screen on time and i still have 74 percent of the battery life over,maybe something is wrong with you're phone
  11. #11  
    Kylazin's Avatar

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    797 Global Posts

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Janica View Post
    i don't know,those battery stats don't look normal to me,i am currently at 8 hours without being charged,and i have 3 hours and 10 minutes of screen on time and i still have 74 percent of the battery life over,maybe something is wrong with you're phone
    I guess mine is defective too. Those kind of stats are insane.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    Your second screenshot shows over 3 hrs held awake. Whatever is causing that, is causing your excessive drain

    Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    Quote Originally Posted by Kylazin View Post
    I guess mine is defective too. Those kind of stats are insane.
    Yea they are. Idk how some people are getting that. I don't have any power saving mode and it sucks because I'm not sure if my battery sucks or if other people have better coverage therefore better battery. It's not like my phone's slow. I bought it from HTC directly so I can't just exchange it with ease
  14. #14  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    Quote Originally Posted by Kylazin View Post
    I guess mine is defective too. Those kind of stats are insane.
    yeah..the stats i have been getting have been really good,i wasn't expecting to get battery life like this,but i see that some people praise the battery life or have problems,i wish i knew what could be causing these problems for some people
  15. #15  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmcheesedanish View Post
    Yea they are. Idk how some people are getting that. I don't have any power saving mode and it sucks because I'm not sure if my battery sucks or if other people have better coverage therefore better battery. It's not like my phone's slow. I bought it from HTC directly so I can't just exchange it with ease
    if you are in a area with bad cell coverage then that could very well cause battery drain,but if i were you i would give HTC a call and talk to them about getting you're phone exchanged for a different one to see if that helps,could be a bad battery or something else..or you could try a factory reset and see if the problem improves
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Janica View Post
    if you are in a area with bad cell coverage then that could very well cause battery drain,but if i were you i would give HTC a call and talk to them about getting you're phone exchanged for a different one to see if that helps,could be a bad battery or something else..or you could try a factory reset and see if the problem improves
    That was my next step. I'll hard reset and charge to full and see what tomorrow brings I guess
  17. #17  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmcheesedanish View Post
    That was my next step. I'll hard reset and charge to full and see what tomorrow brings I guess
    yep best course of action,post back here with the results,hopefully you're battery life gets better after doing that
  18. #18  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    I'm surprised how everyone is getting great battery life, mine seems pretty average compared to what everyone else is saying. GSAM Readout-uploadfromtaptalk1398218237815.jpg

    Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    Quote Originally Posted by abbzys24 View Post
    I'm surprised how everyone is getting great battery life, mine seems pretty average compared to what everyone else is saying. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398218237815.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	114285

    Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
    At least that's one person similar to me. I'm just so unsure as to whether my batteries bad or my coverage but hard reset here we go
  20. #20  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmcheesedanish View Post
    At least that's one person similar to me. I'm just so unsure as to whether my batteries bad or my coverage but hard reset here we go
    Yeah I'm not sure what's the problem, I do have Sprint and wherever I go mostly have one bar of LTE, but besides that I really have no idea as to why my battery doesn't last nearly as long as everyone else's. I've heard CDMA is bigger battery drainer than GSM, but I didn't think it would be that noticeable, which is what could be the reason.

    Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
  21. #21  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    Your second screenshot shows over 3 hrs held awake. Whatever is causing that, is causing your excessive drain

    Posted via Android Central App
    Yea, what does "held awake" mean anyway?
  22. #22  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    Quote Originally Posted by B0WIE View Post
    Yea, what does "held awake" mean anyway?
    as far as i know,it can be a process that is running in the background that keeps waking you're phone up,it wont let the phone go to deep sleep,i could be wrong since i just switched from ios to android a few weeks ago,but that's just what i see people saying
  23. #23  
    Kylazin's Avatar

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    797 Global Posts

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    I'm on T mobile with great coverage and I still have average battery life. It gets me through the day so I won't complain, but it isn't stellar like a lot of people seem to be getting.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    Update:


    So improvement but took work: reset the battery logic through a method HTC support told me, have turned off 4G when there's WiFi and turned on 4G when WiFis bad plus I'm not what you would call a heavy user. Now if Verizon stopped being such tools and have me a power saving mode I'd be more content
  25. #25  
    AZBoomer's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

    Default Re: GSAM Readout

    My results have been similar to the OP. Here is my results from today. My battery results are very similar on either ART or Delvik runtime.

    What was the method to reset the battery logic that HTC told you?

    GSAM Readout-2014-04-25-04.09.16.jpg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. GSam Battery Monitor
    By sirmaru in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2014, 01:56 AM
  2. Question for those of you using GSam Battery Monitor
    By justlaxin13 in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2014, 09:53 AM
  3. Battery Normal? (GSAM)
    By Blazalin in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2014, 09:04 PM
  4. GSam Battery Monitor
    By kanesmith41 in forum Sprint Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2014, 10:10 PM
  5. Gsam battery and htc one.
    By purpleparrotuk in forum HTC One M7
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2013, 03:55 PM

Posting Permissions