Sprint network not ready

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
After spending time in southern Florida. Where the Sprint lte is good my phone worked like a charm. No issues at all. When I return to Richmond, Va where they are working on lte. My phone is having trouble keeping a signal at times. I think Sprint got ahead of there selves with these tri band phones. My phone picks up lte but no bars and quickly switches back to 3g. Causing a long pause in my internet working

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am inclined to agree. They have too much on their plate right now, and they are trying to pile on more.

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I was having some issues with my M8 and I updated my PRL and updated my Profile, after updating the profile, the phone reboot and the signal and reception was actually better. Just a thought.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
After spending time in southern Florida. Where the Sprint lte is good my phone worked like a charm. No issues at all. When I return to Richmond, Va where they are working on lte. My phone is having trouble keeping a signal at times. I think Sprint got ahead of there selves with these tri band phones. My phone picks up lte but no bars and quickly switches back to 3g. Causing a long pause in my internet working

Richmond doesn't have lte all around. ..When I go to short pump it's 3G until you get to best buy on broad street.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I was with Sprint for the last 12 years. Ever since they released the HTC Evo and smartphones started getting popular, their network literally fell apart. They tried the whole Wimax thing, half assed it, and now are half assing LTE rollout while trying to rollout this useless Spark thing. They are rolling out LTE in no man's land. I travel a lot for work, and in the past 4 years, I probably had 4g service for about 4 days total. Within the last year, I literally couldn't even send a text or make a call during peak hours in my home city. And I literally never for any 3g speeds above 100kbps, if I even had 3g service at all.

Needless to say, I just switched to Verizon for this phone, and I'll never go back. Yes, I lost unlimited data, but paying 90 dollars a month for unlimited data that you can't do anything with because it's so slow, is useless.

trojanman

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I'm in the minority in this thread, but Sprint is doing just fine for me, and I don't live in "no man's land." I'm in Orange County (and travel to the LA area frequently) and my M8 is pretty much always on LTE. At home, at work, at the gym...I rarely see my phone on 3G. Once a week I work in downtown LA and I'm always connected to band 41 (2500mhz LTE, or, as Sprint is branding it, Spark) on the 37th floor with download speeds upwards of 40mbps. Even on my train ride between downtown LA and OC (a distance of around 40 miles), my phone is on LTE (give or take the few areas where it's 3G). And when I am on 3G, the speeds are just fine to load a webpage, FB, IG, Twitter, stream music...albeit not as fast, but it's still usable and decent.

So ya, no problems for me on Sprint Spark; my M8 is transitioning seamlessly between 3G and the different bands of LTE.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I'm in the minority in this thread, but Sprint is doing just fine for me, and I don't live in "no man's land." I'm in Orange County (and travel to the LA area frequently) and my M8 is pretty much always on LTE. At home, at work, at the gym...I rarely see my phone on 3G. Once a week I work in downtown LA and I'm always connected to band 41 (2500mhz LTE, or, as Sprint is branding it, Spark) on the 37th floor with download speeds upwards of 40mbps. Even on my train ride between downtown LA and OC (a distance of around 40 miles), my phone is on LTE (give or take the few areas where it's 3G). And when I am on 3G, the speeds are just fine to load a webpage, FB, IG, Twitter, stream music...albeit not as fast, but it's still usable and decent.

So ya, no problems for me on Sprint Spark; my M8 is transitioning seamlessly between 3G and the different bands of LTE.

Yeah sadly you're the minority. Most users have bad handoff issues and data speeds :(.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
My Sprint coverage is very good where I live. I haven't always been able to say that.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If I can, I will try to remember to post a recent speed test.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah sadly you're the minority. Most users have bad handoff issues and data speeds :(.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I can verify this statement. Putting your phone in airplane mode just to get reconnected with 4G is frustrating.

trojanman

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I can verify this statement. Putting your phone in airplane mode just to get reconnected with 4G is frustrating.

Wow, that would be frustrating...I've never had to do that. I've got two other co-workers with the M8, also on Sprint, and they also haven't had issues connecting to LTE for the 3 weeks or so we've each had the phone. I guess Sprint's got the LTE network pretty stable in the Orange County - Los Angeles area...which is kinda impressive considering more than 13 million people live here.

I was in Vegas too over the NCAA final four weekend a few weeks ago and was able to use LTE without any issues. And that weekend was packed with people. Maybe the Sprint network just really loves my phone? :)

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that would be frustrating...I've never had to do that. I've got two other co-workers with the M8, also on Sprint, and they also haven't had issues connecting to LTE for the 3 weeks or so we've each had the phone. I guess Sprint's got the LTE network pretty stable in the Orange County - Los Angeles area...which is kinda impressive considering more than 13 million people live here.

I was in Vegas too over the NCAA final four weekend a few weeks ago and was able to use LTE without any issues. And that weekend was packed with people. Maybe the Sprint network just really loves my phone? :)

Misleading a little: Sorry. The M8 is on AT&T. The problems I had were on my Moto X and my Nexus 5. The issues I can verify is one of the reasons I am leaving Sprint.

BrianBaker

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I concur,if you do any traveling in a state or between states everyday(i do for work) this phone seems to freak the F out jumping between upgraded towers and towers that haven't even been touched yet..Losing LTE,getting stuck on 3G when you are back in an LTE area and not being able to make or receive calls..I left Sprint as well because of how ill-equipped their network is..

sel1965

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Well for me the only issues I have are with the S5 in relation to data going from 3G to LTE, and I have no issue with it on my M8. I live in KC MO. I would assume that the network here is pretty good since Sprint is located here.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I spent a lot time in York PA last week and had solid 4G the entire time. I was too busy sadly to do a speed test but it was snappy and no lag issues. At home, I have 3G with intermittent 4G at my house and I am in No Man's Land. I'm in a valley so I don't expect great 4G signals but once out of the valley, 4G is pretty solid. I researched Spark and it's about 20 miles from my house over hill and dale, so I hope in the future it will make it to us. I never expected 4G out this far but it's here.

My entire Internet is run on OTA mifi at home and 95% of the time we can stream video and music with no problem. However, between 5-7 pm it does slow down, but so did ATT and VZ, so I believe it's congestion and capacity at the local towers if not backhaul issues in the area.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
This is a test I ran in the Kansas city area yesterday on sprint.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398366712500.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398366712500.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 19

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2