I don't know what to do! HELP

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Okay so the title is a bit dramatic but seriously...

I was an iPhone 5s user and became over the stale os so I stole an upgrade from my parents. I got the HTC one m8. I love the build quality (I'd rather have the more matte silver one though) and I love the speakers. The battery was good but the bottom black space drove me crazy. I also had a Google play edition. And I didn't care for that. I gave my step dad the HTC one m8 and took his upgrade to get the galaxy s5 when it was released. I'm still in my 14 days but it's kind of driving me crazy. I prefer the camera and the screen over the m8 but it still seems seems so slow. And I'm using a different launcher. Also the phone unlocks too easily. Today at work my s5 took 45 screen shots in my pocket!

Both phones have things I love and things I hate! What do I do? Time is running out and I need advice!

I'm on att by the way.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Return s5, keep m8, stick with one phone at a time and stop wasting peoples upgrades. When you do multiple phones at once, this is what happens. You can't decide.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

iknownothing

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
The screen is give and take, I guess. Samsung seems to have finally figured out their white balance issues. In my opinion the m8 is better in every way except maybe the camera. So, if you're willing to sacrifice everything else for a maybe better camera then I'd say get the s5. But then, I really like my m8.

Posted via Android Central App

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Return s5, keep m8, stick with one phone at a time and stop wasting peoples upgrades. When you do multiple phones at once, this is what happens. You can't decide.

There's some truth in this.
When the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence it's hard to like what you have.

Pick a phone and stick with it and enjoy it/ learn to live with the stuff the other phone does that yours doesn't.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Do you think HTC sense enhances the HTC one m8? I think maybe stock android was too vanilla for me with the HTC? I don't know. I just don't want to be stuck with a mistake for a year and a half.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the camera and the screen over the m8 but it still seems seems so slow. And I'm using a different launcher. Also the phone unlocks too easily. Today at work my s5 took 45 screen shots in my pocket!

I'm gonna focus on this for a minute. To me, slow is a key word here. If you're anything like me and you like your phones as fluid as possible, the m8 is gonna satisfy that need as much as possible. It is the closest thing in terms of speed to the nexus 5, which in my experience never misses a beat.

The m8 camera is stellar. How many people on fb are gonna tell you your white balance is slightly off and say you should have gone with the s5?

The screen on the m8?? Best one I've seen on a phone. Haven't seen the s5 screen in person but I have a hard time believing anyone its any better. Maybe just as good.

To each their own sir. No one here should have a say in your decision. But since you're basically crying for help and I'm a phone geek, this is my opinion. So pick a phone, any phone. As long as its the m8.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Do you think HTC sense enhances the HTC one m8? I think maybe stock android was too vanilla for me with the HTC? I don't know. I just don't want to be stuck with a mistake for a year and a half.

I like Sense a lot. So, for me it does enhance. As far as being stuck with a mistake for a year and a half, I think you already answered your own question when you posted this thread, and specifically when you said the S5 is "so slow". If it were the right phone for you, you probably wouldn't be looking back. The S5 is supposed to be better based on sales volume and reviews, but, once again, the best phone is an HTC sleeper.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. I don't know. I'm annoyed with the situation. I wish it were easier. Or I had both! Does anyone know when the other colors for the m8 are going be available?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I don't know. I'm annoyed with the situation. I wish it were easier. Or I had both! Does anyone know when the other colors for the m8 are going be available?

Oh boy. You're gonna get yourself into a whole new battle asking that question.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm gonna focus on this for a minute. To me, slow is a key word here. If you're anything like me and you like your phones as fluid as possible, the m8 is gonna satisfy that need as much as possible. It is the closest thing in terms of speed to the nexus 5, which in my experience never misses a beat.

The m8 camera is stellar. How many people on fb are gonna tell you your white balance is slightly off and say you should have gone with the s5?

The screen on the m8?? Best one I've seen on a phone. Haven't seen the s5 screen in person but I have a hard time believing anyone its any better. Maybe just as good.

To each their own sir. No one here should have a say in your decision. But since you're basically crying for help and I'm a phone geek, this is my opinion. So pick a phone, any phone. As long as its the m8.

I agree with this post. I want my phone to be smooth and fluid every time I use it. Not "slow". The camera is actually really good for most situations, which for me is a very small percentage of what I use my phone for. I personally chose the M8 and I am not second guessing my decision. I am very happy with my M8.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I agree with what the others have said. The camera is more than adequate for most situations one would encounter. The GS5 and 5s cameras may be "better" on paper, but considering most people use cell phone cameras to document their meals and other relatively pointless things, the One's camera is stellar. I very much doubt many people are using cell phone cameras to print posters. Overall user experience and build quality on the HTC One M8 have been consistently beating the GS5, regardless of what stats on paper are saying.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
OP keep this in mind.... the longer you own the S5 and the more apps you instal on your S5 THE SLOOOWER AND SLOOOOOOWER it will get. same with the phone freezing. it will happen more and more over time.

the HTC runs buttery smooth.

wafcarl

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I've been same, ordered M8 3 times and sent back each time. Couldn't live with it. Looked at S5 and I really do feel it puts the M8 screen to shame. However, the build and Touchwiz are reasons why I won't buy that. What I've done, is to go sim only, keep M7 and wait to see what iPhone 6 has to offer.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Well... The deal has been sealed.

I woke up this morning to and reached for the gs5 and hit the power and home buttons for about 3 minutes and the screen wouldn't turn on. The buttons lit up but no screen. Annoying. Couldn't live with that for 2 years. And the lag is ridiculous. I just wish I didn't have to pay the stupid restocking fee.