Anyone switch from A LG G2?

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I ALMOST went with a white at&t G2 right before I seen the leaks for the new M8. How are you liking the M8 compared to the G2? One thing I like about the G2 is it has a larger screen but it's a smaller device. Although the G2 UI and notification pull down looks cluttered from what I seen.

That said I am loving my M8! Impresses me everyday. I'm a phone junkie though. G3 is around the corner which should be interesting. Don't know if I could use another plastic phone without front facing speakers ;p

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

SmartphoneNerd

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
As a matter of fact, I did it tonight... I loved the G2, but missed the speakers and a few other things. No buyers remorse here... The M8 rocks it.

Posted via Android Central App

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
As a matter of fact, I did it tonight... I loved the G2, but missed the speakers and a few other things. No buyers remorse here... The M8 rocks it.

Posted via Android Central App

I think the white G2 is a damn fine looking device with those slim bezels even with the plastic back. I actually like the idea of the rear buttons. But like you said those front facing speakers. I watch YouTube vids before bed and they are awesome! Hell I don't even need headphones to listen to music before I go to the gym. I just blast the phone. Sounds like a Bluetooth speaker lol.

I think using the aluminum coming from Sammy devices will be difficult for to handle another plastic device too.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the G2 for a while, but for some reason was lured back to the iPhone. That lasted about 2 months. I picked up my M8 and I love it. A few weeks after switching back to iPhone, I missed my G2, as it was hands down the best phone I've ever had. In the past 5 days, the M8 is creeping towards that title. I will say the G2 felt slightly more manageable in hand, especially single handed, but the overall build of the M8 is just too good to compete with. The front speakers, plus the sound thru headphones, make this a great multimedia device. Battery life so far has been nipping at the G2's heels, and the camera on the M8 is noticeably quicker, even though I still think the G2 had some of the best end result pics I've ever experienced from a smartphone. TL;DR is they're both great phones but the M8 is just a bit sexier!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol