Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: I am using this launcher with my M8:

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blinkfeed (standard)

    11 47.83%
  • Google Now

    4 17.39%
  • Nova

    7 30.43%
  • Other..(please post)

    1 4.35%
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Question Which launcher do you like more? Can I integrate Blinkfeed into other launchers?

    I have my HTC One M8 exactly one week now, and I have changed the launcher to Google Now. I like the icons more and the nice animations when changing pages in the app drawer. Google Now is something though I don't really use a lot. It can be nice, but nothing I could't live with.

    Sometimes I miss Blinkfeed, but I am not very fond of the rectangles used for folders. My question is, how can I use Blinkfeed with the Google Now launcher? Is that possible?

    Do you like different launchers? Which ones? I heard Nova is very good, but I haven't tried it yet.

    Thanks!
    iMac 27" mid 2013, iPad Air Cellular 64Gb White/silver, HTC One M8
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Which launcher do you like more? Can I integrate Blinkfeed into other launchers?

    Quote Originally Posted by petvas72 View Post
    I have my HTC One M8 exactly one week now, and I have changed the launcher to Google Now. I like the icons more and the nice animations when changing pages in the app drawer. Google Now is something though I don't really use a lot. It can be nice, but nothing I could't live with.

    Sometimes I miss Blinkfeed, but I am not very fond of the rectangles used for folders. My question is, how can I use Blinkfeed with the Google Now launcher? Is that possible?

    Do you like different launchers? Which ones? I heard Nova is very good, but I haven't tried it yet.

    Thanks!
    Here's an app I saw recommended in another thread yesterday for using BlinkFeed with a third party launcher
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ies.Flip&hl=en

    I've used Nova and the Google Now launcher on previous phones but I'm staying with stock Sense for now, I like it pretty well.
    Thanked by 2:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Which launcher do you like more? Can I integrate Blinkfeed into other launchers?

    I love the original Sense 6 interface. I am waiting for the new ARHD ROM for the M8 from Mike
  4. #4  
    Braini4c's Avatar

    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which launcher do you like more? Can I integrate Blinkfeed into other launchers?

    I am using the standard sense launcher at the moment as i love blinkfeed the thing I hate about sense is the app drawer.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Which launcher do you like more? Can I integrate Blinkfeed into other launchers?

    I'm perfectly okay with Blinkfeed right now, but if I wasn't I'd always choose Action Launcher.
    Mentor @ FRC# 3999
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Which launcher do you like more? Can I integrate Blinkfeed into other launchers?

    Blinkfeed, tried Nova, didn't think the benefits outweighed Blinkfeed enough to switch.
  7. #7  
    jd914's Avatar

    Posts
    790 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,362 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which launcher do you like more? Can I integrate Blinkfeed into other launchers?

    I was a fan of nova launcher but find Blink feed more elegant and much more simple to use than NL. I never thought I would like a stock launcher but HTC did a good job with Sense 6.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    2013 Nexus Seven and HTC M8 Developer edition =)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Which launcher do you like more? Can I integrate Blinkfeed into other launchers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Powarun View Post
    Blinkfeed, tried Nova, didn't think the benefits outweighed Blinkfeed enough to switch.
    Thats exactly the problem. I prefer the app drawer of the Google Now launcher and the icon of app folders. I like the Blinkfeed, but I would like more customization options. I use Talon as my standard Twitter client, but Blinkfeed uses the official app only to display twits
    iMac 27" mid 2013, iPad Air Cellular 64Gb White/silver, HTC One M8
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Which launcher do you like more? Can I integrate Blinkfeed into other launchers?

    I love everything about Sense 6 aside from you can't customize the grid size, and can't use your own icon theme pack. I like to have 5 icon columns. 4 looks a tad spread out. As you can see I made a blinkfeed app shortcut on my home screen. I do like with the stock launcher you can just swipe left. But the app shortcut works well.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Which launcher do you like more? Can I integrate Blinkfeed into other launchers?

    ^^^^

    This is what I meant with 5 columns and custom icon pack. Although I do like the sense 6 icons too. I just think phones with 5" screens should have 5 icons columns looks more clean. I believe the G2 does.

    "Ocd" problems lol.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which launcher do you like more? Can I integrate Blinkfeed into other launchers?-1398193100923.jpg  
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Which launcher do you like more? Can I integrate Blinkfeed into other launchers?

    Quote Originally Posted by kingvanimal View Post
    I love everything about Sense 6 aside from you can't customize the grid size, and can't use your own icon theme pack. I like to have 5 icon columns. 4 looks a tad spread out. As you can see I made a blinkfeed app shortcut on my home screen. I do like with the stock launcher you can just swipe left. But the app shortcut works well.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
    How did you make the Blinkfeed app shortcut? Sorry for asking, but I am new to Android. Thanks.
    iMac 27" mid 2013, iPad Air Cellular 64Gb White/silver, HTC One M8
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Which launcher do you like more? Can I integrate Blinkfeed into other launchers?

    Quote Originally Posted by petvas72 View Post
    How did you make the Blinkfeed app shortcut? Sorry for asking, but I am new to Android. Thanks.
    In Nova, long press home screen and click shortcuts. After that click "activities". Scroll down to HTC BlinkFeed and click that than choose the first blinkfeed app there will be a couple for some reason. It will create a app shortcut on your Nova home page. But you have to go back to your stock Sense launcher and delete all the home pages except for blinkfeed. This way, on the Nova launcher when you click it, it will bring you straight to Blinkfeed every time. Works rather well for now.
    Thanked by 2:
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Which launcher do you like more? Can I integrate Blinkfeed into other launchers?

    Thanks for finding and suggesting the Flip app! This made my day as I like to use the Google Now launcher, but still wanted to use Blinkfeed!
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Which launcher do you like more? Can I integrate Blinkfeed into other launchers?

    Quote Originally Posted by NeosCoeus View Post
    Thanks for finding and suggesting the Flip app! This made my day as I like to use the Google Now launcher, but still wanted to use Blinkfeed!
    Your welcome. It was me who found and suggested that app in another thread.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

Similar Threads

  1. Can you disable OTA software updates?
    By denarok in forum Verizon LG G2
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-30-2014, 01:26 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-30-2014, 11:26 AM
  3. App for extra symbols on Facebook, Instagram, etc.??
    By secrecyguy in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-03-2014, 09:54 PM
  4. Google now launcher moto x
    By blackberriquero in forum Moto X
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 10:49 PM
  5. I don't know what to do! HELP
    By manni1to in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 05:28 PM

Posting Permissions