Which launcher do you like more? Can I integrate Blinkfeed into other launchers?

I am using this launcher with my M8:

• Total voters

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have my HTC One M8 exactly one week now, and I have changed the launcher to Google Now. I like the icons more and the nice animations when changing pages in the app drawer. Google Now is something though I don't really use a lot. It can be nice, but nothing I could't live with.

Sometimes I miss Blinkfeed, but I am not very fond of the rectangles used for folders. My question is, how can I use Blinkfeed with the Google Now launcher? Is that possible?

Do you like different launchers? Which ones? I heard Nova is very good, but I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks!

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have my HTC One M8 exactly one week now, and I have changed the launcher to Google Now. I like the icons more and the nice animations when changing pages in the app drawer. Google Now is something though I don't really use a lot. It can be nice, but nothing I could't live with.

Sometimes I miss Blinkfeed, but I am not very fond of the rectangles used for folders. My question is, how can I use Blinkfeed with the Google Now launcher? Is that possible?

Do you like different launchers? Which ones? I heard Nova is very good, but I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks!

Here's an app I saw recommended in another thread yesterday for using BlinkFeed with a third party launcher
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.NxIndustries.Flip&hl=en&token=D5_s2yMp

I've used Nova and the Google Now launcher on previous phones but I'm staying with stock Sense for now, I like it pretty well.

Braini4c

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I am using the standard sense launcher at the moment as i love blinkfeed the thing I hate about sense is the app drawer.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I was a fan of nova launcher but find Blink feed more elegant and much more simple to use than NL. I never thought I would like a stock launcher but HTC did a good job with Sense 6.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Blinkfeed, tried Nova, didn't think the benefits outweighed Blinkfeed enough to switch.

Thats exactly the problem. I prefer the app drawer of the Google Now launcher and the icon of app folders. I like the Blinkfeed, but I would like more customization options. I use Talon as my standard Twitter client, but Blinkfeed uses the official app only to display twits

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I love everything about Sense 6 aside from you can't customize the grid size, and can't use your own icon theme pack. I like to have 5 icon columns. 4 looks a tad spread out. As you can see I made a blinkfeed app shortcut on my home screen. I do like with the stock launcher you can just swipe left. But the app shortcut works well.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^^

This is what I meant with 5 columns and custom icon pack. Although I do like the sense 6 icons too. I just think phones with 5" screens should have 5 icons columns looks more clean. I believe the G2 does.

"Ocd" problems lol.

Attachments

• 1398193100923.jpg
    1398193100923.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 30

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I love everything about Sense 6 aside from you can't customize the grid size, and can't use your own icon theme pack. I like to have 5 icon columns. 4 looks a tad spread out. As you can see I made a blinkfeed app shortcut on my home screen. I do like with the stock launcher you can just swipe left. But the app shortcut works well.

How did you make the Blinkfeed app shortcut? Sorry for asking, but I am new to Android. Thanks.

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
How did you make the Blinkfeed app shortcut? Sorry for asking, but I am new to Android. Thanks.

In Nova, long press home screen and click shortcuts. After that click "activities". Scroll down to HTC BlinkFeed and click that than choose the first blinkfeed app there will be a couple for some reason. It will create a app shortcut on your Nova home page. But you have to go back to your stock Sense launcher and delete all the home pages except for blinkfeed. This way, on the Nova launcher when you click it, it will bring you straight to Blinkfeed every time. Works rather well for now.

NeosCoeus

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for finding and suggesting the Flip app! This made my day as I like to use the Google Now launcher, but still wanted to use Blinkfeed!

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for finding and suggesting the Flip app! This made my day as I like to use the Google Now launcher, but still wanted to use Blinkfeed!

Your welcome. It was me who found and suggested that app in another thread.

Posted via Android Central App

Walter Walden

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
If you want to use blinkfeed along side google now, you would need to go to setings, personaiize, home screen. There, you will be given the option to use one or the other.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae