New to Android, need some help

meowchi79

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello All! I just switched to the M8 from iphone, and I love it! But, I am having a hard time trying to figure out a few things, and hope someone can help me.
I am not getting messages anymore from other iphone users, I reset my iphone and cleared off my info, but still no messages. How I can I fix that without asking everyone to turn off their imessage?
Can I give each person a different text tone?
And last, how can I make the only tones I hear for either text messages or phone calls? I don't want to hear anything from my facebook alerts, or my email.
Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for any help!

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
There is an article on android central about the transition from iOS to android. I am about to go to sleep so I don't really want to find it for you but it covers the imessage problem.

My M8 posted this

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello All! I just switched to the M8 from iphone, and I love it! But, I am having a hard time trying to figure out a few things, and hope someone can help me.
I am not getting messages anymore from other iphone users, I reset my iphone and cleared off my info, but still no messages. How I can I fix that without asking everyone to turn off their imessage?
Can I give each person a different text tone?
And last, how can I make the only tones I hear for either text messages or phone calls? I don't want to hear anything from my facebook alerts, or my email.
Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for any help!

Getting iMessage to let go of your number can be a daunting task. Check out this article for some tips -
Issues with texts after moving to Android from iPhone? Here's an easy fix! | Android Central
Bottom line is you need to make sure that your number is signed out from iMessage. You can also ask your iPhone contacts to delete any existing message threads from you and start a new one, sometimes that helps. If all else fails call Apple Tech Support and ask them to manually remove your number from the iMessage database.

As for alert tones, they can usually be set individually by app (messaging, email, etc). Open the app that you want to set the notification tone for and enter that apps settings, you will generally find a choice for notifications, set the sound you want or no sound if thats what you want from within the apps settings. The stock Htc messaging app does not allow for different notification tones for individual contacts, at least not on my version, but many third party apps do allow that level of customization.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech