Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Global Posts
    4,375 Global Posts

Default Re: Fast Boot?

Quote Originally Posted by d_la_roc View Post
    The main con with FastBoot enabled is it drains your battery significantly more.
    That's absolutely not the case for me. I've had Fastboot enabled since I got my M8 and have had nothing but stellar battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    2013 Nexus Seven and HTC M8 Developer edition =)

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    That's absolutely not the case for me. I've had Fastboot enabled since I got my M8 and have had nothing but stellar battery life.

And since you never even tried it without you have no idea what the difference even is. Can you see just how dumb your post reads? Being that it is a fact Fastboot uses more power even if it is not much you would still get more power with it disabled.

Global Posts
    4,375 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    And since you never even tried it without you have no idea what the difference even is. Can you see just how dumb your post reads? Being that it is a fact Fastboot uses more power even if it is not much you would still get more power with it disabled.
    I just plugged in my phone and I was at 20% at 21 hours. Fact is fast boot has absolutely no impact on battery life. Were adults having a discussion nothing else. Leave the name calling and childish behavior at the door. *reported*
    2013 Nexus Seven and HTC M8 Developer edition =)

Global Posts
    6,905 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks!
    Thanked by 3:
    davidncjd914Johnly 
    jd914 and Super Dave426 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    I just plugged in my phone and I was at 20% at 21 hours. Fact is fast boot has absolutely no impact on battery life. Were adults having a discussion nothing else. Leave the name calling and childish behavior at the door. *reported*
    FYI: Fastboot only effects battery while the phone is OFF! What part of Fastboot makes you think it has anything to do with battery life while turned ON?

Maybe my earlier post is becoming clearer now?

Quote Originally Posted by DrWu View Post
    Well, I know this. With fastboot on, my phone booted in 18.65 seconds and I had full control of everything, including my widgets. With fastboot off, the phone took 48.12 seconds to boot to the point where I could unlock it, and the widgets didn't full load until the 1:13.45 mark. So it does make big a difference, makes sense that it would be due to the ram being cleared out on a "slow boot". I just wonder why the setting is in the "Power" section... does it save power to have it unchecked? I would assume so, since it would mean no power is being used to keep ram powered on.
    What version of the phone do you have, I only ask because when I restart my phone with it checked and with it unchecked the restart times are identical. I have an AT&T version.

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Verizon

Hi,

I am using HTC One M8, but I don't have such an option called fast boot in my settings and I am trying to root my phone and because of this situation i cannot do that. Please lemme know if you know any solutuion

Quote Originally Posted by malaka_yatti View Post
    Hi,

I am using HTC One M8, but I don't have such an option called fast boot in my settings and I am trying to root my phone and because of this situation i cannot do that. Please lemme know if you know any solutuion
    It is located under the POWER settings page and then at the bottom of the page.
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12