Is this an android thing, or M8 thing?

ero2

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
So, on my iPhone I take a video, doesn't matter how long, and I send it, to one or a group of people, done. On the M8 Any video shot above like 320x160 can't even be sent in a text message to one, let alone several people, nor is there an option to down res video after I shot it in HD in order to send it. Am I missing something? This seems pretty simple for such an advanced device to miss on, or is it android? Or a text vs iMessage limitation?

Thanks!

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It's a messaging limitation. Apple gets around that using their servers through iMessage. As an alternative I use Dropbox, load my images and videos there and send aa link to anyone I want to share them with. No limitations that way...

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
You can send an MMS video, but you need to go to Messaging/Hangouts and click the attach thing, and then shoot the video right then. If you have an existing video, doing as the previous poster suggested works best, but you COULD convert the video yourself to correct size. Too much hassle IMO.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's a messaging limitation. Apple gets around that using their servers through iMessage. As an alternative I use Dropbox, load my images and videos there and send aa link to anyone I want to share them with. No limitations that way...

This. Apple uses iMessage and this bypasses the normal MMS video compression / restriction.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

ero2

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
It's just kind of annoying, I don't necessarily know if I am going to want to send it when I shoot it. I would assume if you attach it to a message that it could just down res it and send? I know it sounds trivial but we send videos to family all over the country of our kids, so it's important to me : /

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It's just kind of annoying, I don't necessarily know if I am going to want to send it when I shoot it. I would assume if you attach it to a message that it could just down res it and send? I know it sounds trivial but we send videos to family all over the country of our kids, so it's important to me : /

Having used iMessage I understand what you mean but other ways of handling this aren't too much more work and can really work out better. For instance, on Sunday we had a family get together for the holiday, I took about 40+ pictures and a few videos with my phone ( not to make this yet another camera thread, but the pictures were fine ;) ). I use Dropbox to backup my images and videos, it is set to automatically upload when I'm on wifi, which I was at the time. When everyone left I opened my Dropbox app, selected those pictures and videos, and sent everyone a single link to them. They got a link to all the images and videos in one place and can view/download any or all of them in full resolution at their leisure. I did all this with just a few taps and only a few minutes of my time. You just can't match that through a messaging app.

khughes6

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully with the new hangouts update you'll be able to attach videos. I don't recall having a problem with this from the sense sms app though.

Posted via the One successor to the One

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully with the new hangouts update you'll be able to attach videos. I don't recall having a problem with this from the sense sms app though.

It definitely doesn't work with Sense. Another option is to send from Google drive or post them to you tube!

Posted via Android Central App

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I normally shoot the video from the text program. When finished shooting, I just sent it to myself. Then if I want to sent to anyone else, I just forwarded it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

khughes6

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just tried and you are correct.

Well let's really hope its built into the hangout update then.

omgitsjoe

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Use drop box. My wife left a video of herself and I wanted to email it to my private email acct but couldn't ugh ?! Drop box worked

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo