Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooted my HTC One M8 what is safe to get rid of?

I rooted my HTC One M8 and installed Titanium Backup. I already got rid of all the Sprint stuff like Connections Optimizer, Lumen Toolbar, etc.

Is there other crap that's safe to get rid of? Like Kid Mode 4.8.7 for example would be one I don't want.

How about HTC Dot View? I'm never going to use that. Can that be removed safely?

Default Re: Rooted my HTC One M8 what is safe to get rid of?

Yeah, don't see why not. It shouldn't break anything, apart from the fact that if you put a dot view case on that's not going to work.

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app

I removed Kid Mode myself. No problem.
    If you're in doubt if it's safe to remove an app, Freeze it in Titanium Backup for a day or two to see if that causes any problems. If there are no problems, go ahead and uninstall it. If it causes problems, Unfreeze it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the replies. Good to know about the freezing. This is my first rooted phone, so it's all new to me.

Yeah, DotView is useless. I bought a case on Amazon for a penny.. can't beat that.

Previously I had an HTC which required me to do S-OFF, which seemed like a pain.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I took off Kid Mode and DOt View.. Is there a way to stop HTC Backup from asking me if I want it on everytime I uninstall something? I checked off "Do not show again" and it keeps showing.