Thoughts and questions about features/alternatives

silvra7

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Moving to the one from HTC Droid Incredible to HTC Rezound and with each upgrade HTC definitely is improving the battery life of their phones. However, my Rezound was good in the beginning, two years later... I like Sense apps, particularly the email app, software is something HTC does really well. I'd like to use blinkfeed, however I'm using Nova Launcher because I like to be able to change the icons and shapes of the folders, as well as re-arrange all the dock apps. Also it bugs me that the dock and unscreen buttons hover over blinkfeed. If someone knows of a decent dock alternative that'd be great?

I don't like that you can't replace the lock screen widget, you have to scroll across (which doesn't work too well because you have to swipe just right or it thinks you're opening the phone) to add any others. I'd like it more if it showed battery level too. I also wish you could select which motion gestures you want to use and turn the others off (customization would be nice too). I've used Widget Locker in the past but it didn't work too well (possible it's been improved?).

I'm a little disappointed that when an email is previewed in your notification bar that your only options are reply or forward, on my Nexus 7 I can delete (which is helpful when you get the same messages across multiple devices).

The only other thing that bothers me is that I use my phone as my alarm in the morning and my Rezound would always show if my alarm was set in the status bar, but the M8 doesn't show it which makes me nervous as to whether it will always go off or not.

Other than that, great phone and if anyone has any suggestions for my few issues, please let me know!

Posted via Android Central App

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Moving to the one from HTC Droid Incredible to HTC Rezound and with each upgrade HTC definitely is improving the battery life of their phones. However, my Rezound was good in the beginning, two years later... I like Sense apps, particularly the email app, software is something HTC does really well. I'd like to use blinkfeed, however I'm using Nova Launcher because I like to be able to change the icons and shapes of the folders, as well as re-arrange all the dock apps. Also it bugs me that the dock and unscreen buttons hover over blinkfeed. If someone knows of a decent dock alternative that'd be great?

I don't like that you can't replace the lock screen widget, you have to scroll across (which doesn't work too well because you have to swipe just right or it thinks you're opening the phone) to add any others. I'd like it more if it showed battery level too. I also wish you could select which motion gestures you want to use and turn the others off (customization would be nice too). I've used Widget Locker in the past but it didn't work too well (possible it's been improved?).

I'm a little disappointed that when an email is previewed in your notification bar that your only options are reply or forward, on my Nexus 7 I can delete (which is helpful when you get the same messages across multiple devices).

The only other thing that bothers me is that I use my phone as my alarm in the morning and my Rezound would always show if my alarm was set in the status bar, but the M8 doesn't show it which makes me nervous as to whether it will always go off or not.

Other than that, great phone and if anyone has any suggestions for my few issues, please let me know!

Do you know this app? https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.NxIndustries.Flip&token=a_K22RJJ
You can use Blinkfeed with almost any launcher. Check it out

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

You can show battery percentage. Go into settings - battery manager - and it's in there. It will display a percentage next to the battery icon in the notification bar.

When I set my alarm, it shows an icon in the notification bar to let me know that it's set. Yours doesn't do this? What carrier are you on? I'm on AT&T

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
In regards to the alarm, are you using the stock alarm clock? I'm using Timely and my Alarm Clock is up there...

What didn't work well in WidgetLocker? I don't have it active right now but it seems like it will be a good option. It unfortunately doesn't support gestures though. I also hope HTC decides to open up the gestures so that you can customize what you want things to do. It sounded as if you could when they first announced it but didn't end up that way. The settings menu for it looks like you would be able to customize it, rather than just being a demo of each gesture...

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Mine shows the alarm icon even though I'm using Timely for my alarm.
BTW: Check out timely - gorgeous clock replacement app!

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine shows the alarm icon even though I'm using Timely for my alarm.
BTW: Check out timely - gorgeous clock replacement app!

I'm curious to see if Google implements Timely into the stock clock app since they bought Bitspin... Still worth paying for premium features for Timely though.

I have it on two devices, so both devices go off at the same time and it auto-magically knows when I silence one device to silence the second =)

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious to see if Google implements Timely into the stock clock app since they bought Bitspin... Still worth paying for premium features for Timely though.

I have it on two devices, so both devices go off at the same time and it auto-magically knows when I silence one device to silence the second =)

If timely was stock in Android it would be awesome!

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
If timely was stock in Android it would be awesome!

I think synced alarms is a no-brainer, but I guess that's only because I change devices so often so I feel the "effect" of needing to reset alarms.

I don't mind the stock clock/alarm in android (love being able to pre-snooze/disable an upcoming alarm) but Timely looks nice. Just combine the functionality of both and add a bit more eye candy from Timely and that would be great =)

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I think synced alarms is a no-brainer, but I guess that's only because I change devices so often so I feel the "effect" of needing to reset alarms.

I don't mind the stock clock/alarm in android (love being able to pre-snooze/disable an upcoming alarm) but Timely looks nice. Just combine the functionality of both and add a bit more eye candy from Timely and that would be great =)

Yes being able to skip or pre-snooze would be nice in Timely.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

If you do the two finger drag and not touch the defaut widget or dock, you can get to the add a widget thing ok... closer together with the fingers compared to previous devices for me does the trick.

Go into your Gmail app, SETTINGS-GENERAL SETTINGS and right there at the top is the option that dictates what you see in the notification drop down.

silvra7

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The flip for blinkfeed looks like a good alternative.

My wish is that I could have Dash Clock as the main lock screen widget, but alas you're stuck with HTC's limited widget and awkward swiping to see anything else.

Yeah the alarm status symbol just doesn't show up. Timely is nice looking but you can't use your own music.

The email issue is with the stock email client not Gmail, though that makes me think K9 email will do the trick.

Still love the phone, hope they address some of these issues in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith