Flashing notification icon?

aurora_660

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I just barely bought my HTC One M8. I haven't added anything to the phone except for porting over my contacts from my old phone, so I know this issue isn't related to some rogue app. But that notification icon that displays when your icon tray is to full (Looks like a box arrow with a plus sign in it) flashes like mad. When I open my notifications there isn't anything there to be notified with.

Has anybody else ran into this issue? It's super annoying.

The only time it stops flashing is when I actually do have a notification. At that time the icon stays solid and doesn't flash, but as soon as I clear the notification that icon starts flashing again.

I've cold booted my phone several times but it keeps coming back...

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
When you rebooted your phone, did you have fastboot enabled? It's in the battery manager section of the settings menu. Apparently restarting the phone with fastboot enabled won't clear the Ram, so I would try restarting with it disabled

Posted via Android Central App

aurora_660

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
When you rebooted your phone, did you have fastboot enabled? It's in the battery manager section of the settings menu. Apparently restarting the phone with fastboot enabled won't clear the Ram, so I would try restarting with it disabled

Thanks for the suggestion, Skyway, but I figured that was the case with fast boot so I had tried rebooting with it disabled. Still shows the flashing icon. It doesn't show it until the notification tray fills up. As it boots the icons show up one at a time. It's almost like it's just barely full by a pixel. Like it can't decide if it should show it or not.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, Skyway, but I figured that was the case with fast boot so I had tried rebooting with it disabled. Still shows the flashing icon. It doesn't show it until the notification tray fills up. As it boots the icons show up one at a time. It's almost like it's just barely full by a pixel. Like it can't decide if it should show it or not.

Hmmm weird. Ok well try disabling all notifications, see if that does anything?

Posted via Android Central App

aurora_660

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm weird. Ok well try disabling all notifications, see if that does anything?

It works, but now I never know when I've received messages or calls. If I get rid of the battery percentage, this also keeps it from flashing. Maybe I'll just have to live without that... :(

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Keep the battery percentage and turn off NFC... that thing should not even have an icon showing.

You can disable the icons put up there from some apps, by managing apps and disabling notifications for them (I do this to get rid of the tasker lightning bolt for example), so you might be able to get some space back that way.

aurora_660

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Keep the battery percentage and turn off NFC... that thing should not even have an icon showing.

You can disable the icons put up there from some apps, by managing apps and disabling notifications for them (I do this to get rid of the tasker lightning bolt for example), so you might be able to get some space back that way.

Thanks for the suggestion Ioraque. I feel the same about the NFC icon. Seems like a waist of space, however, I heavily use Google Wallet. I'd be enabling it close to a dozen times nearly everyday. That will be more of a pain than what it's already doing.

I did go through all the apps running (those that have the icons showing) and disabled the notifications. None seemed to clear the icons associated with them, though.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Do you use tasker, or another automation app? You could trigger NFC to toggle when you open Wallet, and it will toggle back when wallet closes.
I am at a loss otherwise. My bar is not full up, so you must have a couple on that I do not... but I already wanted to start getting rid of some of the stuff up there after turning the battery % on. Why still have the battery icon when you have %? This is what drives people to load custom ROMs up :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs