can't get earbud controls to fwd/rev

brad1911

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes. When I use earbuds, either the ones that come with the phone or other ones,I can't get the controls on the ear buds to work. Except for start and stop. No forward or reverse. I know the stock buds do not have a volume rocket but I can't get that to work on other buds that do have that either.

Steve Shultz

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately it seems that Android does not support forward/back/volume up/down hardware buttons on headsets...it only supports play/pause. I know that there are apps in the play store that claim to give you control by double/triple clicking or long pressing the play/pause button. I have tried a couple of these but found them unreliable. Maybe someone else can suggest an app that works well for this?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
SOME ear buds with the controls your looking for only work with iOS.
Check product packaging to make sure your earbuds are compatible with Android. Then you also might want to make sure the app your using supports it. I know when i used to use PowerAmp it had options to enable or diable earbud controls, or change them from the default for short and long press.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've tried my Beats buds and from the buds I can play, pause, forward one track or back one track. I can't control volume with the buds

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

brad1911

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Wow! Ijust came from the iPhone . This is my first android. There's been a learning curve but I like the HTC a lot! However,this is something very simple! I'm not going back to iPhone! Though,since I'm still within my first 14 days I may return and exchange for the Samsung s5.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If you open your music with Google Play Music, the skipping function works, but not with the HTC Music app.

Oh! Now that you mention it, I was using Google Play Music. Skipping function also worked with my Jaybird Blue Bud Xs

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

brad1911

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I'm just used to using ios. Google play doesn't seem to do rev. Power amp does. So for now I'll use that.

Getting used to android is definitely a chore. While I'm liking lot about android,there is some stuff I'm gonna miss about the iPhone. The simplicity of the music player being one. I'm not an audio geek do the stock equalizer on the iPhone was good enough for me.

Posted via Android Central App

JulietPurcell

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude