Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ventura726
  • 1 Post By buckifvr
  • 1 Post By brad1911
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default can't get earbud controls to fwd/rev

All I can do is stop and play. What am I doing wrong?

Default Re: can't get earbud controls to fwd/rev

Can you explain your problem a little bit more please?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes. When I use earbuds, either the ones that come with the phone or other ones,I can't get the controls on the ear buds to work. Except for start and stop. No forward or reverse. I know the stock buds do not have a volume rocket but I can't get that to work on other buds that do have that either.

Unfortunately it seems that Android does not support forward/back/volume up/down hardware buttons on headsets...it only supports play/pause. I know that there are apps in the play store that claim to give you control by double/triple clicking or long pressing the play/pause button. I have tried a couple of these but found them unreliable. Maybe someone else can suggest an app that works well for this?
    Thanked by:

SOME ear buds with the controls your looking for only work with iOS.
    Check product packaging to make sure your earbuds are compatible with Android. Then you also might want to make sure the app your using supports it. I know when i used to use PowerAmp it had options to enable or diable earbud controls, or change them from the default for short and long press.

Global Posts
    1,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

I've tried my Beats buds and from the buds I can play, pause, forward one track or back one track. I can't control volume with the buds

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Wow! Ijust came from the iPhone . This is my first android. There's been a learning curve but I like the HTC a lot! However,this is something very simple! I'm not going back to iPhone! Though,since I'm still within my first 14 days I may return and exchange for the Samsung s5.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I should say that my buds are for iPhone but the stock ones wouldn't do it either. I'll try with a pair that not ios specific.

Unfortunately this is typical as android does not use the same protocol that IOS uses for this function. And most companies on support the protocol that IOS uses. There are some that support both. I have used the below app and works well. Not free but has a free trial.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....headsetbutton

Posted via Android Central App
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

If you open your music with Google Play Music, the skipping function works, but not with the HTC Music app.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks for the help!

Global Posts
    1,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ventura726 View Post
    If you open your music with Google Play Music, the skipping function works, but not with the HTC Music app.
    Oh! Now that you mention it, I was using Google Play Music. Skipping function also worked with my Jaybird Blue Bud Xs

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.
    JulietPurcell likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by ventura726 View Post
    It only skips forward for me. No back by pressing 3 times. Using Google play music.
    Thanked by:

I haven't tried pressing 3 times. I don't usually skip back, I just like to put my playlist on shuffle and skip through.
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Yeah I'm just used to using ios. Google play doesn't seem to do rev. Power amp does. So for now I'll use that.

Getting used to android is definitely a chore. While I'm liking lot about android,there is some stuff I'm gonna miss about the iPhone. The simplicity of the music player being one. I'm not an audio geek do the stock equalizer on the iPhone was good enough for me.

Posted via Android Central App
    JulietPurcell likes this.