Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By law2010
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon is ruining my experience with this phone

Battery's draining kind of fast, maybe it's the 4G...I'll just switch it to 3G...oh wait Verizon disabled the option for that.

Oh well I'll just switch to power saving mode...oh that's right Verizon didn't include that in the OTA update.

[Inappropriate language removed by moderator]

Default Re: Verizon is ruining my experience with this phone

I believe if you have root there is a way to go to 3g but otherwise no other way. Do you have a low signal?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    jec11718 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcheesedanish View Post
    Battery's draining kind of fast, maybe it's the 4G...I'll just switch it to 3G...oh wait Verizon disabled the option for that.

Oh well I'll just switch to power saving mode...oh that's right Verizon didn't include that in the OTA update.

[Inappropriate language removed by moderator]

I believe you can switch it manually and dialing **#*#4636#*#* and from there you can choose what network mode you want.

Verizon has traditionally been most restrictive with regards to devices and features. It sucks but that is the way it is. Some other carriers are less restrictive, if this is high enough concern for you.

You can use the "advanced signal status" app to force 3g. though it may require root.

With regards to power savings, you can use an app like Tasker to set up power savings like turning off mobile data when screen is off.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I talked with HTC support and they told me me my battery life seemed normal which makes everyone else freakish apparently. He had me charge the phone for 10 minutes, power down, hold volume up, down and power for 2 minutes and the charge to 100% and that will reset the phones "charging logic." Also recommended not draining the battery fully.

Said I should notice a difference and if not it could be carrier and coverage related.

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

What sort of battery life are you seeing? I am on Verizon. I am at about 14 hours on battery right now and have 56% battery life left. I have had a decent signal most of the day. I have used the phone moderately since this morning with a gap in constant usage from 4:30pm to 7:30pm, where I only typed one short email and a couple of texts.

Posted via Android Central App
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

For example my phone was at 72% after being off the charger for 9 hours but only one hour of that was screen on time and all I did was 1 call, texting and some web browsing

Seems normal.

Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,891 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcheesedanish View Post
    For example my phone was at 72% after being off the charger for 9 hours but only one hour of that was screen on time and all I did was 1 call, texting and some web browsing
    Sounds normal. I get 5 hours of SOT on my Verizon M8.

Doesn't sound bad at all. I always liked Verizon and was going to switch back but ATT made me a special offer to keep me around. My wife still uses Verizon.

Same here 5 hours of SOT in Verizon. I've been trying to compare gsam logs with other Verizon users and seems bout even. All others that are getting 7-8 hours of SOT are on other carriers with the power save option along with less bloatware possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot8148 View Post
    Same here 5 hours of SOT in Verizon. I've been trying to compare gsam logs with other Verizon users and seems bout even. All others that are getting 7-8 hours of SOT are on other carriers with the power save option along with less bloatware possibly.

It depends on how you use your phone. I can get anywhere from 2-10 hours screen on time on my note 3. I would guess that the s5 would be similar

Banned

Verizon does aggravate me with the way the lock down there phones,but in 4 years of being a wireless and fios customer i have never had any outages or problems with either service.so i put up with it.

As other have said your battery life doesn't sound bad at all.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by lou61166 View Post
    Verizon does aggravate me with the way the lock down there phones,but in 4 years of being a wireless and fios customer i have never had any outages or problems with either service.so i put up with it.
    Couldn't agree more with this! Definitely not the cheapest service (ha!), but both for FIOS (SUPER fast internet) and for Mobile (awesome coverage and fastest 4g/LTE), they've never let me down service-wise. You get what you pay for I guess? But yeah, the lock-downs **** me off. That's why I always will only buy a phone that allows me to root and install custom ROMS. I pulled all the bloatware off of my aging GalaxyNexus by using Cyanogenmod. Much better experience (though custom CM support seems to have been waning for my aging device as of late).