Verizon is ruining my experience with this phone

mmmcheesedanish

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Battery's draining kind of fast, maybe it's the 4G...I'll just switch it to 3G...oh wait Verizon disabled the option for that.

Oh well I'll just switch to power saving mode...oh that's right Verizon didn't include that in the OTA update.

[Inappropriate language removed by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I believe if you have root there is a way to go to 3g but otherwise no other way. Do you have a low signal?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Battery's draining kind of fast, maybe it's the 4G...I'll just switch it to 3G...oh wait Verizon disabled the option for that.

Oh well I'll just switch to power saving mode...oh that's right Verizon didn't include that in the OTA update.

[Inappropriate language removed by moderator]

I believe you can switch it manually and dialing **#*#4636#*#* and from there you can choose what network mode you want.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has traditionally been most restrictive with regards to devices and features. It sucks but that is the way it is. Some other carriers are less restrictive, if this is high enough concern for you.

You can use the "advanced signal status" app to force 3g. though it may require root.

With regards to power savings, you can use an app like Tasker to set up power savings like turning off mobile data when screen is off.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

mmmcheesedanish

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I talked with HTC support and they told me me my battery life seemed normal which makes everyone else freakish apparently. He had me charge the phone for 10 minutes, power down, hold volume up, down and power for 2 minutes and the charge to 100% and that will reset the phones "charging logic." Also recommended not draining the battery fully.

Said I should notice a difference and if not it could be carrier and coverage related.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
What sort of battery life are you seeing? I am on Verizon. I am at about 14 hours on battery right now and have 56% battery life left. I have had a decent signal most of the day. I have used the phone moderately since this morning with a gap in constant usage from 4:30pm to 7:30pm, where I only typed one short email and a couple of texts.

Posted via Android Central App

mmmcheesedanish

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
For example my phone was at 72% after being off the charger for 9 hours but only one hour of that was screen on time and all I did was 1 call, texting and some web browsing

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Seems normal.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't sound bad at all. I always liked Verizon and was going to switch back but ATT made me a special offer to keep me around. My wife still uses Verizon.

hotshot8148

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Same here 5 hours of SOT in Verizon. I've been trying to compare gsam logs with other Verizon users and seems bout even. All others that are getting 7-8 hours of SOT are on other carriers with the power save option along with less bloatware possibly.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Same here 5 hours of SOT in Verizon. I've been trying to compare gsam logs with other Verizon users and seems bout even. All others that are getting 7-8 hours of SOT are on other carriers with the power save option along with less bloatware possibly.

It depends on how you use your phone. I can get anywhere from 2-10 hours screen on time on my note 3. I would guess that the s5 would be similar

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Verizon does aggravate me with the way the lock down there phones,but in 4 years of being a wireless and fios customer i have never had any outages or problems with either service.so i put up with it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As other have said your battery life doesn't sound bad at all.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

drumst1x

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Verizon does aggravate me with the way the lock down there phones,but in 4 years of being a wireless and fios customer i have never had any outages or problems with either service.so i put up with it.

Couldn't agree more with this! Definitely not the cheapest service (ha!), but both for FIOS (SUPER fast internet) and for Mobile (awesome coverage and fastest 4g/LTE), they've never let me down service-wise. You get what you pay for I guess? But yeah, the lock-downs **** me off. That's why I always will only buy a phone that allows me to root and install custom ROMS. I pulled all the bloatware off of my aging GalaxyNexus by using Cyanogenmod. Much better experience (though custom CM support seems to have been waning for my aging device as of late).