Screen scratches really easily on the HTC One (M8)

matthew pollock1

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
i've only had my htc one M8 for a week at most and i have at least 5 minor scratches on the end of the device and around 2 very small circle scratches in the middle they don't really bother me as i can only see them at the right angle in sunlight but it still bothers me that it scratches so easily i don't put it in my pocket or put it on a table face down and yet i have so many minor scratches does anyone else have the same problem

Last edited by a moderator:

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
re: Screen scratches really easily on the M8

How is that possible with Gorilla Glass 3

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

budlight-budlight

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

well that sux cause im gonna go without protector i have a bodygaurdz glass one spent $35 on that but no way to thick u would think it couldn't scratch
to easily

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

I found two minor scratches when I was putting on my screen protector. It sucks. I have scratches on all my phones and I'm extra careful where my bare screens end up.
People bring this up all the time. The thing is, you have to remember that anything harder than the glass on your phone can and will scratch it. No matter how small it may be. There's particles everywhere that you don't know about that are harder than glass. Its inevitable that your glass will scratch without a screen protector.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

hachsa

May 19, 2010
Visit site

That's really weird, I literally just took my pocket knife and scratched the screen a little bit & got nothing, can you get it replaced?

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

I went two years with no protector on my One X and not a single scratch. I don't expect to get one on the M8 either. Gorilla III is great stuff. With that said, if you are getting scratches, it has to do w/ the way you use your phone and you may benefit form a protector. That goes for ANY phone you use as the M8 is not any more susceptible to scratching than most flagship phones (being that most of them use the same glass).

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

It is weird, I went to YouTube and watched a couple of videos of scratch tests of Gorilla glass 3. It seems really durable and resistant to scratches.

darkhan

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

I got this from amazon:Spigen? HTC One M8 Screen Protector Glass [GLAS.tR NANO SLIM] (0.23mm) and love it! It actually makes the screen look better before wearing polarized glasses I had a problem reading the screen now it pops and the glass is smooth and thin. well worth 40.00

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

I dont and never have. I've never scratched any device i've had.

Neither have I. I've never used any sort of screen protector on any of my phones and I've never had any scratches on a screen. Nor have I ever cracked a screen.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

I ordered the MIME Ghost Glass for my M8. I've been extra careful while I wait for delivery.

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I have a regular screen protector on right now, but I will end up putting a tempered glass screen protector on it

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site

The Treo 650 was the last device I had that I used a screen protector with. Never had a scratched screen on any of my devices since.

Sand will easily scratch your screen. It doesn't take much at all.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

I dont and never have. I've never scratched any device i've had.

Neither have I. I've never used any sort of screen protector on any of my phones and I've never had any scratches on a screen. Nor have I ever cracked a screen.

Same here. I couldn't imaging putting something over these screens. I'd rather enjoy the full beauty and risk a scratch than to cover it up. Same reason I don't use cases.