I have deleted my contacts

Fl4v

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Don't ask me how that happened, but nevertheless I'm now without contacts.

I know that my HTC has been doing a backup every day, how can I restore just my contacts from backups?

Thank you!

Posted using my HTC One M8

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If you backed up with Google then just sync with Google. Your contacts should be restored.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Did you sync with just HTC or Google as well?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Fl4v

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I will be more specific.

All my contacts were on my phone, and what I did? I copied them all to Google, because I wanted to have just one place where to save my contacts and not all over, just one.

After I made the copy, I went in my contacts and have I have selected the option to show me just my phone's contacts, I have selected them all and I deleted them.

After that, the contacts in Google disappeared too.

What can I do?

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I will be more specific.

All my contacts were on my phone, and what I did? I copied them all to Google, because I wanted to have just one place where to save my contacts and not all over, just one.

After I made the copy, I went in my contacts and have I have selected the option to show me just my phone's contacts, I have selected them all and I deleted them.

After that, the contacts in Google disappeared too.

What can I do?

If that is the case and you actually DID copy them all the Google, you need to go into settings -> Accounts & Sync -> Google -> then select your account under the accounts section. Once there make sure the "Contacts" is check marked. This will then sync your contact with what you have in Google Contacts.

mboon1985

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Is this how I would effectively remove phone only contacts? I have all of my google contacts in my phone contacts but only show the Google contacts. Sometimes when I'm entering the number I'll see two of the same contacts in the predictive text . If I delete just my phone contacts will this limit my google contacts to appearing once in the predictive type? The double contacts thing annoys me.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk