LTE: Google play edition or direct from HTC website for Europe use

Rifloooow

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

I'm on holiday in the US and I plan to order a HTC one M8 before going back. The one thing that worries me now is the LTE bands. I've searched a little but it appears too technical for me.
In my country (Belgium) service providers use the 1800 MHz band (not so sure though, found it on wiki). The version from the HTC us site support 17/4/5/2 bands for LTE, but I can't relate this with the correct frequency. I can get to find the band for the google play edition.

Could you please help me with this? Can any of those two version work with the LTE band in Belgium?

Thanks in advance,
Adam.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

I'm on holiday in the US and I plan to order a HTC one M8 before going back. The one thing that worries me now is the LTE bands. I've searched a little but it appears too technical for me.
In my country (Belgium) service providers use the 1800 MHz band (not so sure though, found it on wiki). The version from the HTC us site support 17/4/5/2 bands for LTE, but I can't relate this with the correct frequency. I can get to find the band for the google play edition.

Could you please help me with this? Can any of those two version work with the LTE band in Belgium?

Thanks in advance,
Adam.

Looks like 1800mhz is band 3 according to the list found here List of LTE networks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There's a column for the frequency and next to that you will see the band listed.
Doesn't look like any of the US versions support that band for LTE
Correction- according to specs on Htc website the AT&T and Verizon models have LTE 1800mhz, looks like they may work for you.

Rifloooow

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't look like any of the US versions support that band for LTE
Correction- according to specs on Htc website the AT&T and Verizon models have LTE 1800mhz, looks like they may work for you.

Hey mhunter
Thanks for you swift answer.
The thing is I have to buy the unlocked version otherwise I won't be able to use it. Do you know if the unlocked version also support the 1800 band?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey mhunter
Thanks for you swift answer.
The thing is I have to buy the unlocked version otherwise I won't be able to use it. Do you know if the unlocked version also support the 1800 band?

According to the specifications listed at this link, the 32gb unlocked model does have the 1800mhz frequency. I have this same version, using on At&t, and it is suppose to be the same as the At&t model just without the carrier branding and carrier software.
HTC One (M8) specs - Engadget

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude