Getting the new HTC One (M8) today !

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I am cancelling my sprint plan ( 15 years of crap service) and joining Verizon.
where I work, we have the M8 on Verizon for $189, with a $100 mail in rebate !!!!!!!!!!! so I can get it for $89, and my plan through Verizon is a single line $60 plan with 1gb data. ( I use almost no data, even with unlimited from sprint)

sounds like a deal , the $100 rebate covers my ETF fee from sprint. ( contract up in sept.)

im coming from the HTC evo LTE, and the og evo before that.
love the sense OS . I played with the S5 too, and compared cameras, and I cant see much difference at all. maybe on a big monitor you can tell, I don't know.
but the familiarity of the HTC is what sells me. im too scared to try a S5 after having htc for years. plus, the M8 is just sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Getting the new m8 today !

Congrats! Sounds like you're getting a really good deal...Enjoy your new phone, it's a great one :)

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site

Best thing you did was to leave Sprint. You'll absolutely love your M8. Let us know how you like it, enjoy!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Congrats! You will enjoy the phone and the service :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Congratz mate! It's a really good phone especially when you wake up in the morning and the cold feel when you pick up your phone, man that feels good.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

I'm also a former EVO LTE. Owned every EVO to date Plus a rezound for six months. Had nothing but htc phones since 2010 and liked everyone of them.

You'll love the m8

Posted via Android Central App

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

I AM FREAKING PISSED OFF, AND SICK TO MY STOMACH !

so I got the new m8 just now, paid at the cashier. as I was walking out, the phone was loose in the bag, as I was putting my paperwork and old phone in the bag, the brand new 10 second old M8 slipped out of a hole and bounced flat on its back. it survived, but now it has pin hole side concrete marks on the entire back !
my work wouldn't let me get a new one, ( even though I JUST walked out the f-ing door). they said it was dropped.
IT FELL OUT OF THE FREAKING BAG ! THERE WAS A HOLE ON THE SIDE OF THE BAG! how is THAT my fault ?
im mad as hell......

but the phone has character now I guess......

imnraged

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

Congrats!! You will NOT be disappointed. This isn't only the best mobile phone I've owned, it's the best mobile device I've owned. I use it for my music player as well as a phone and internet machine and the battery lasts a LOOOONG time! :)

yuppicide

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site

I love Sprint. Don't know why people think it's bad. I pay $25 a month for unlimited calls and texts, and 1GB data.. I use nowhere near ANY of that. I went from an EVO to an M8 as well. Interesting how many people made the exact same move. This is the best phone I've ever owned. It's very slippery, so be careful if you didn't get a case yet.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

so I got the new m8 just now, paid at the cashier. as I was walking out, the phone was loose in the bag, as I was putting my paperwork and old phone in the bag, the brand new 10 second old M8 slipped out of a hole and bounced flat on its back. it survived, but now it has pin hole side concrete marks on the entire back !
my work wouldn't let me get a new one, ( even though I JUST walked out the f-ing door). they said it was dropped.
IT FELL OUT OF THE FREAKING BAG ! THERE WAS A HOLE ON THE SIDE OF THE BAG! how is THAT my fault ?
im mad as hell......

Bummer, but maybe it will give the back some texture so it won't be so slippery in the hand.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Bummer, but maybe it will give the back some texture so it won't be so slippery in the hand. Or get a case cover it up. Out of sight out of mind.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

im mad as hell......

Did you talk with Verizon and show them the bag?

That is rather unfortunate =[

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21