Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Getting the new HTC One (M8) today !

I am cancelling my sprint plan ( 15 years of crap service) and joining Verizon.
    where I work, we have the M8 on Verizon for $189, with a $100 mail in rebate !!!!!!!!!!! so I can get it for $89, and my plan through Verizon is a single line $60 plan with 1gb data. ( I use almost no data, even with unlimited from sprint)

sounds like a deal , the $100 rebate covers my ETF fee from sprint. ( contract up in sept.)

im coming from the HTC evo LTE, and the og evo before that.
    love the sense OS . I played with the S5 too, and compared cameras, and I cant see much difference at all. maybe on a big monitor you can tell, I don't know.
    but the familiarity of the HTC is what sells me. im too scared to try a S5 after having htc for years. plus, the M8 is just sweet.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-27-2014 at 11:46 AM.

Default Re: Getting the new m8 today !

Congrats! Sounds like you're getting a really good deal...Enjoy your new phone, it's a great one
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

Best thing you did was to leave Sprint. You'll absolutely love your M8. Let us know how you like it, enjoy!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You will feel like an owner of a new Lamborghini. Congrats!

Congrats. Phone is amazing. You'll love it.
    Current Devices: Note 4, Moto X, HTC One M8, 2013 Nexus 7

Retired Devices: OnePlus One, Sony Xperia Z2, Nexus 5, LG G3, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict

Congrats! You will enjoy the phone and the service .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Enjoy your M8! it is an amazing phone

Global Posts
    342 Global Posts

Truly amazing phone. You will love it.

Posted via Android Central App

I came from the EVO 4GLTE myself. M8 is a HUGE upgrade.

You made TWO good choices:
    -joining Verizon
    -getting the HTC One M8!

You will love this phone!

Congratz mate! It's a really good phone especially when you wake up in the morning and the cold feel when you pick up your phone, man that feels good.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

I'm also a former EVO LTE. Owned every EVO to date Plus a rezound for six months. Had nothing but htc phones since 2010 and liked everyone of them.

You'll love the m8

My cell phone history for the last decade.

2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I AM FREAKING PISSED OFF, AND SICK TO MY STOMACH !

so I got the new m8 just now, paid at the cashier. as I was walking out, the phone was loose in the bag, as I was putting my paperwork and old phone in the bag, the brand new 10 second old M8 slipped out of a hole and bounced flat on its back. it survived, but now it has pin hole side concrete marks on the entire back !
    my work wouldn't let me get a new one, ( even though I JUST walked out the f-ing door). they said it was dropped.
    IT FELL OUT OF THE FREAKING BAG ! THERE WAS A HOLE ON THE SIDE OF THE BAG! how is THAT my fault ?
    im mad as hell......

but the phone has character now I guess......
    Banned

Karma for leaving Sprint?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Congrats!! You will NOT be disappointed. This isn't only the best mobile phone I've owned, it's the best mobile device I've owned. I use it for my music player as well as a phone and internet machine and the battery lasts a LOOOONG time! :-)

Man, that suuuucks! A bittersweet day indeed.
    Jeff Harris likes this.

I love Sprint. Don't know why people think it's bad. I pay $25 a month for unlimited calls and texts, and 1GB data.. I use nowhere near ANY of that. I went from an EVO to an M8 as well. Interesting how many people made the exact same move. This is the best phone I've ever owned. It's very slippery, so be careful if you didn't get a case yet.
    Topgonzo likes this.

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Harris View Post

so I got the new m8 just now, paid at the cashier. as I was walking out, the phone was loose in the bag, as I was putting my paperwork and old phone in the bag, the brand new 10 second old M8 slipped out of a hole and bounced flat on its back. it survived, but now it has pin hole side concrete marks on the entire back !
    my work wouldn't let me get a new one, ( even though I JUST walked out the f-ing door). they said it was dropped.
    IT FELL OUT OF THE FREAKING BAG ! THERE WAS A HOLE ON THE SIDE OF THE BAG! how is THAT my fault ?
    im mad as hell......

Bummer, but maybe it will give the back some texture so it won't be so slippery in the hand.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by buckifvr View Post
    Bummer, but maybe it will give the back some texture so it won't be so slippery in the hand. Or get a case cover it up. Out of sight out of mind.

Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

im mad as hell......

Did you talk with Verizon and show them the bag?

That is rather unfortunate =[
    Banned

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

im mad as hell......

Why should anyone be responsible for giving you a new phone after you dropped it? 5 minutes or 5 days it doesn't matter it's yours to take care of.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by knkcgrant View Post
    Why should anyone be responsible for giving you a new phone after you dropped it? 5 minutes or 5 days it doesn't matter it's yours to take care of.

Well if they gave me a bag with a hole in it to carry a $600 phone i just purchased from them, yeah, i'd have turned right around and explained the situation. Seems to me he is not solely at fault here.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

I work at a big company who Is a 3rd party retailor of Verizon,sprint,att. I showed the bag, customer service ( which is usually top notch) she showed her mgr. he said unfortunately it was dropped,so they cant do anything.
    ive got a Supcase on order too. the "dots" go the entire length of the phone about half the width, down the middle.
    so pissed.... maybe it was my fault and I shouldn't have put it loose in the bag. guess I should return the clear Supcase and get a solid color.

but on the bright side, the phone hit flat on its back, from waist high, (im 6-4") and bounced and flipped and landed on its screen.
    the only damage was the pin size marks in the metal. no screen damage.

should I get insurance afterall, and use the ded. of $100 ? or just say F-IT and slap a case on it?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dam View Post
    Well if they gave me a bag with a hole in it to carry a $600 phone i just purchased from them, yeah, i'd have turned right around and explained the situation. Seems to me he is not solely at fault here.
    exactly what I did. the sales guy gave me the phone, I put it in my pocket. upon leaving I put it in the bag as I was jostling around my old phone and paperwork to put in the bag. then it happened.....
    uggggghhh.... sucks ***. oh well, live and learn I guess.
    I see my companys view.... it technically was dropped, if it slid out of the bag, or my pocket. their view on returns is is it defective, then yes, damaged by customer, no. but it was literaly right outside the friggin door
    a car dealership isn't going to repair your fender if you buy a $50k Camaro, turn the corner on the lot and crash into a pole.
    it is what it is, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by yuppicide View Post
    I love Sprint. Don't know why people think it's bad. I pay $25 a month for unlimited calls and texts, and 1GB data.. I use nowhere near ANY of that. I went from an EVO to an M8 as well. Interesting how many people made the exact same move. This is the best phone I've ever owned. It's very slippery, so be careful if you didn't get a case yet.
    Because as you said.. You don't use data.. And obviously are on a framily plan with enough people :P. I left Sprint because of dial up speeds... Couldn't handle that.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast