New guy coming from iPhone. any tips for getting acclimated?

brad1911

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm not the most tech savvy person. I just wanted something different. I'm liking the customization possibilities of the android. Though,that in its self can kind of be annoying. Meaning there's so much you can do
almost have to do to get it to look and work like you're used to. Are there any videos out there to walk newbie thru when transitioning? Every video I've seen is pretty much for the already familiar crowd.

Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

GregIsARadDude

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I just did it, got the M8 on launch day. Just play around with everything, and after about a week or two you'll have your footing. You'll quickly find the things that Android does better, and you'll also notice the things that iPhone does better.

I also downloaded lots of apps to try them out, deleted lots of apps and widgets. Any video will give you some context, but ultimately with customization it's what works best for you. So play around with it and you'll figure it out.

My first big advice though is download CleanMaster. It will give you guidence on which of the carrier bloatware can be disabled and which can't.