Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default screen is always on. help please

I have had the phone for 2 wks(the new HTC one) and I have taken it back to tmobile and they said I had it set to never sleeps. They fixed it but it still is always on. I will lock it and then in less than 2 seconds it will turn back on. It kills my battery, I have to charge it2 times a day.what can I do to get the screen to stay off other than turning off my phone when I'm not using it. I still want to be able to receive
    calls and texts and have access to my alarm. I just want the screen to stay off after I lock it. I feel like I've tried everything. Before any one suggests turning of daydream I've already checked and it's off...

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,594 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Default Re: screen is always on. help please

Under settings, display and gestures, what is your screen timeout set to?

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've tried auto 15 sec and 1 he.itdoesnt change it. I changed the lock screen wallpaper and realized that the wallpaper is what's always on.how do I turn off the lock screen wallpaper

Do you have Airdroid active? I had a similar issue when Airdroid is enabled, so I enable it only when I need it.

Global Posts
    1,594 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli Milani View Post
    I've tried auto 15 sec and 1 he.itdoesnt change it. I changed the lock screen wallpaper and realized that the wallpaper is what's always on.how do I turn off the lock screen wallpaper

Good question. Have you rebooted your phone since making changes?

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli Milani View Post
    I have had the phone for 2 wks(the new HTC one) and I have taken it back to tmobile and they said I had it set to never sleeps. They fixed it but it still is always on. I will lock it and then in less than 2 seconds it will turn back on. It kills my battery, I have to charge it2 times a day.what can I do to get the screen to stay off other than turning off my phone when I'm not using it. I still want to be able to receive
    calls and texts and have access to my alarm. I just want the screen to stay off after I lock it. I feel like I've tried everything. Before any one suggests turning of daydream I've already checked and it's off...

If you have enabled the developers Option on Settings, there is an option there that keeps the Screen On all the time, take a look and see what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by erasat View Post
    If you have enabled the developers Option on Settings, there is an option there that keeps the Screen On all the time, take a look and see what you have.
    This.

If all else fails, try a factory reset of the device. Usually fixes almost any problem you have.