HTC One (M8) - windows 8.1 and lock problem

wlcbill

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if this has been posted but I did look, just too old to find out anything...
1- Windows 8.1 does not work with the HTC Sync Manager - NOT GOOD!!

2 - every time I swipe to unlock it opens a program or goes some place most of the time. Its like it has memory and the last swipe you do to unlock it, it also starts an app up for some reason.... No matter how I try it... Is it me or the phone? Or is there a better way to unlock the screen ?

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC 1 M8 - windows 8.1 and lock problem

Swiping up from a locked screen will go into the last app you were using. So for instance if you were in the browser and you lock your screen, when you swipe up it will automatically go into the browser.

If it's opening up a completely different app, then that's a different problem of which I know nothing about.

Hope this helps, if not, sorry

Posted via Android Central App

Lyger000

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Windows 8.1 and have no problems with the sync software just try using the compatibility mode :)

Posted via Android Central App

wlcbill

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
What is compat mode? I have been talking to HTC for over a week and they can't tell me when there will be a fix for it.... all it does is startup and go 200 mph then quits.....
If there is some other mode, please tell me how that works.... I must be getting old, well I am old... but when HTC says it wont work with 8.1 and it wont with me, I kinda believe them... but willing to change!!! :D

Thanks!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95