Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By RockyMtnRedRaider
  • 1 Post By RockyMtnRedRaider
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default For better battery life...

I have found that by disabling Blinkfeed, I can get much better battery life. Anyone else have any tips to save battery on the M8?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: For better battery life...

Don't use 4G unless necessary...leave 3G or WiFi on. Remove all vibrations, use battery saving GPS mode

Leave power save on. Tried a week with it and a week without. Much better battery life and didn't have any problems.

Don't try and delete blinkfeed! I have Verizon and I deleted blinkfeed after having force stopped it and disabled it and still seeing it eating up my battery. I thought why not uninstall? Bad idea. It instantly installed again after the uninstall was complete and then I noticed all my previously set screens and applications were wiped out, stock messaging app wasn't there - instead the verizon messaging app reappered, I had to start from scratch again. Any fix for this or will blinkfeed which I don't use be a battery suck all the time regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnRedRaider View Post
    I have found that by disabling Blinkfeed, I can get much better battery life. Anyone else have any tips to save battery on the M8?

Quote Originally Posted by SocratesRising View Post
    Don't try and delete blinkfeed! I have Verizon and I deleted blinkfeed after having force stopped it and disabled it and still seeing it eating up my battery. I thought why not uninstall? Bad idea. It instantly installed again after the uninstall was complete and then I noticed all my previously set screens and applications were wiped out, stock messaging app wasn't there - instead the verizon messaging app reappered, I had to start from scratch again. Any fix for this or will blinkfeed which I don't use be a battery suck all the time regardless.
    Blinkfeed is the whole launcher. Its not just the news thing. If you uninstall it, you won't have a homescreen to go back to unless maybe if you had an alternative launcher. So that's probably why it reinstalled itself. You can always just remove the blinkfeed screen from the home screen if you want to.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I should have clarified. I meant removing it from the left most home screen, not trying to uninstall it.

KoukiFC3S likes this.

Now I have an issue where this is involved. I froze Blinkfeed with Titanium. Obviously, the phone went black with no launcher. I restarted it and now it freezes on the HTC One splash screen. My M8 is rooted with S-Off. What are my options?

Quote Originally Posted by imnraged View Post
    Now I have an issue where this is involved. I froze Blinkfeed with Titanium. Obviously, the phone went black with no launcher. I restarted it and now it freezes on the HTC One splash screen. My M8 is rooted with S-Off. What are my options?
    Did you make a backup?

I did but I messed around and I've dicked up even worse now. Going to make a new post. Thanks.