Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By jd914
  • 2 Post By freddyttt
  • 1 Post By Andrew McGrath
  • 1 Post By Kwesi Yasay
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problems with the HTC One M8

So ive gone through 5 m8s all with issues, 3 of them had dead pixels and 2 of them had loose volume rockers and was wondering if anybody else had these issues and if its worth trying more m8s to get one that doesn't have a problem cause im really fed up with keep exchanging the phones that i might just get an S5
    Thanks Dimitri

Default Re: Problems with the HTC One M8

oh wow,5 m8's,that's bad :s i have only had one,and its in perfect condition no defects at all that i can see,if you really like the phone you should try one more time,but if you're next one is the same then i guess you should try a different phone,also if you get a case like the speck candy shell grip case then the loose volume buttons wont really be much of a problem anymore.

Global Posts
    4,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by D_23 View Post
    So ive gone through 5 m8s all with issues, 3 of them had dead pixels and 2 of them had loose volume rockers and was wondering if anybody else had these issues and if its worth trying more m8s to get one that doesn't have a problem cause im really fed up with keep exchanging the phones that i might just get an S5
    Thanks Dimitri
    This might not be it, but it could be that they are producing the phones really fast to keep up with demand.
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the replies
    I really like the M8 but the s5 seams like a really good phone. Do you think the s5 is as good as the M8?
    Thanks

Global Posts
    4,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Thanks for the replies
    I really like the M8 but the s5 seams like a really good phone. Do you think the s5 is as good as the M8?
    Thanks
    That is a matter of opinion. Both are great phones, but it seems you've had trouble with the M8. Maybe you'll like the S5, who knows. I suggest you try the phone out at your local carrier's store to see if you like it.
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I do really like the S5 and have tried it out before i decided on the M8 i couldnt decide between the 2. which phone would you buy?

Global Posts
    4,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

I do really like the S5 and have tried it out before i decided on the M8 i couldnt decide between the 2. which phone would you buy?
    I have yet to try the M8 but have tried the S5. It is a nice phone, but it doesn't come without it's problems.

Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T One XL running Karbon Kat. \(^~^)/

Thanks for the replies
    Thanks
    You do know about the S5 board don't you? Samsung Galaxy S5 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com Check it out. The S5 is loaded with problems from finger print scanner to broke usb port covers, bad cameras that my turn out to be a mass recall, gaps on top and bottom of the screen. The S5 has some lag to it and there is no way that I would trust that thing to be water proof. But as far as your HTC One M8 maybe you have had that many units replaced but I have not heard of the M8 having any problem with dead pixels maybe one here or there but not much. Volume button yes I have heard people complain about it but it is not broke or coming out so it's just a matter of can you live with it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

5 M8's? I'm not buying it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    5 M8's? I'm not buying it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    no way.... what company will take back 5 of them.
    James E1 and Dizfunctions like this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Its real im not joking like i went through 5 m8s im pretty particular so i guess i could of lived with the volume rocker issue or the pixel because i dont think many people would notice the pixel it was really hard to spot it took me 8 days of use

I bought mine the day it was available to order online, and haven't had a single issue with it at all, volume rocker is nice and sturdy, no dead pixels, no other discrepancies as far as I can tell, maybe try another one and see if that works for you.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    4,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by aramos87 View Post
    I bought mine the day it was available to order online, and haven't had a single issue with it at all, volume rocker is nice and sturdy, no dead pixels, no other discrepancies as far as I can tell, maybe try another one and see if that works for you.

Sixth time's the charm

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

haha Thanks i think i might just end up picking up the s5 because of the superior camera
    Thanks for the responses

haha Thanks i think i might just end up picking up the s5 because of the higher resolution camera
    Thanks for the responses
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
    Thanked by 2:

This thread seems like a GS5 advertisement.
    coronaboy10 likes this.

haha Thanks i think i might just end up picking up the s5 because of the superior camera
    Thanks for the responses

Of course you will.......

nothing to see here people,
    move along!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Janica View Post
    oh wow,5 m8's,that's bad :s i have only had one,and its in perfect condition no defects at all that i can see,if you really like the phone you should try one more time,but if you're next one is the same then i guess you should try a different phone,also if you get a case like the speck candy shell grip case then the loose volume buttons wont really be much of a problem anymore.
    . I had that exact same issue with the M7 (I went through five). I won't go through that again. I have decided to get the S5.

I see you sammy! Lurking and pretending to be the gp.

I have a loose volume rocker. It doesnt bother because i have the case. I already have a second one. Maybe your OCD is too much, nothing perfect you know.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
    Jesus Janica likes this.

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Samsung user putting down the"m8*

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8
    My cell phone history for the last decade.

2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I have no problem with the volume buttons but I have several problems with my s5 the major is the port cover along with the speaker. Battery life is about the same but TouchWiz is slower. S5 has a slightly better display but is very cheap filling. M8 can use Pandora for 1.5 hours at gym and use only 10% then last from 9am to 6pm with hea

- - - Updated - - -

I have no problem with the volume buttons but I have several problems with my s5 the major is the port cover along with the speaker. Battery life is about the same but TouchWiz is slower. S5 has a slightly better display but is very cheap filling. M8 can use Pandora for 1.5 hours at gym and use only 10% then last from 9am to 6pm with heavy use

- - - Updated - - -

I have no problem with the volume buttons but I have several problems with my s5 the major is the port cover along with the speaker. Battery life is about the same but TouchWiz is slower. S5 has a slightly better display but is very cheap filling. M8 can use Pandora for 1.5 hours at gym and use only 10% then last from 9am to 6pm with heavy use

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

I have the same thing with at&t. First one overheating. Sencnd one loose valume rocker. Third one I have the top middle above the screen is peeling off. I am now waiting for the forth one. Hopefully will be the right one for me. I am actually loving the phone and don't want to change it at all

I made an account just to reply to this, I honestly though I was the only one who had this issue. I'm on my fourth HTC One M8 now and this one has multiple dead pixels. The retailed that sold it me just keeps offering replacement M8s they all seem to have bad pixels..

I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Xafilah View Post
    I made an account just to reply to this, I honestly though I was the only one who had this issue. I'm on my fourth HTC One M8 now and this one has multiple dead pixels. The retailed that sold it me just keeps offering replacement M8s they all seem to have bad pixels..

I feel your pain.
    Whatever happened to giving the device a thorough inspection before leaving the store? I spend at least 15 minutes with the device while the rep does his thing.
    Last year while inspecting a newly purchased M7, I noticed that the in-call audio was too low, even at max volume. Immediately I turned to the rep and we exchanged it. I gave the new one a thorough once over and went home.
    If you're short on time, especially if you're OCD, then you should do the responsible thing and come back to the store when you have some time.
    Extra time spent inspecting your device in store will save you aggravation and uneccessary trips to the store.