HTC One (M8): Rather go naked than wear a case?

ImmaSlave4U

May 16, 2010
www.GoVeg.com
There's been a lot of talk about protection cases lately and I have been browsing the options out there. I haven't yet received my M8 but I'm contemplating going 'naked' without a case because the phone is so gorgeously designed. Anyone else carrying their M8 around without a case? Should I be concerned about a slippery shell? My hands are on the smaller side, and I'd hate for the M8 to slip out of my hands and hit the pavement...

Last edited by a moderator:

TJGEsq

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC One (M8) Rather go naked than wear a case?

I've been going back and forth. Considering the phone is already about as large as I'd ever go, making it larger with a case is quite a proposition. Obviously, it looks a thousand times better without a case. But the phone is very, very slippery indeed.

I suppose it ultimately depends on your comfort level, how you'd feel if it got a few nicks and scrapes, and whether you tend to drop your phones. I almost never drop my phones. In fact, I can count on one hand the number of times I've dropped a touchscreen phone since my first iPhone in 2008 ... and only one of those drops was on pavement. On the other hand, I like for my phones to be pristine. When I sell them, I like to be able to state with confidence that the phone is in mint condition.

I'm using a case at the moment, though I went naked all last week.

Attachments

• 51dtqN60PvL._SY300_.jpg
    51dtqN60PvL._SY300_.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 275

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

The back is a bit slippery but I'm keeping mine naked. This phone is too gorgeous and satisfying in the hand to put in a plastic case.

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

Get a case ASAP. I have big hands, I'm 6_4" and it's so frigging slippery! Mine hit the concrete 2 minutes after I got it ( fell out of the bag) and now I have pin size marks along the back, I ordered a Supecase on Amazon the day before I got it. .....

It does feel good naked though.......

But I'm all about the case.

Just setting it on a table or something feels like the back Wil get beat up in time.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One M8

knkcgrant

Banned
Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

There's been a lot of talk about protection cases lately and I have been browsing the options out there. I haven't yet received my M8 but I'm contemplating going 'naked' without a case because the phone is so gorgeously designed. Anyone else carrying their M8 around without a case? Should I be concerned about a slippery shell? My hands are on the smaller side, and I'd hate for the M8 to slip out of my hands and hit the pavement...

It makes zero sense to cover up the M8 WITH a plastic case. I traded my gun metal for silver and now M8 is perfect feeling.

Posted via Android Central App

knkcgrant

Banned
Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Get a case ASAP. I have big hands, I'm 6_4" and it's so frigging slippery! Mine hit the concrete 2 minutes after I got it ( fell out of the bag) and now I have pin size marks along the back, I ordered a Supecase on Amazon the day before I got it. .....

It does feel good naked though.......

But I'm all about the case.

Just setting it on a table or something feels like the back Wil get beat up in time.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One M8

So you are recommending cases for people that carry the M8 in a plastic store bag? Sounds like plastic bags and cases got you in trouble on the first place.

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

I'm using mine will a clear skin, more scratch protection.

I never found the gunmetal slippery at all though

My M8 posted this

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a case that has a clear back. Corny I'm sure, but it gives me protection and still let's the metal finish be seen.

mlynch01

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I am going naked with the ArmorSuit Military Shield skin protecting it for the time being. As it just looks too good naked to cover it up with a case for me.

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I had to get a case once the sprint rep dropped my phone the day I got it........ And the phone isn't heavy enough which adds to the slippery nature of the phone....

jtnault

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
i use a case only in certain times: when at the gym, before going to bed i put a case on it because its been known to wind up on the floor by morning, and if i know i am not going to use it much that day i put a case on it and let it sit wherever.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I admire people who go naked with their Iphones and HTC Ones. They're such beautiful devices and eye-catching. I just can't bring myself to do it.

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I've got the supcase with the frosted back, looks great and the way I look at it is that a beautiful M8 does not look so beautiful with scratches and dings all over it

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I admire people who go naked with their Iphones and HTC Ones. They're such beautiful devices and eye-catching. I just can't bring myself to do it.

I agree, except for my friend who is clumsy with his iPhone 4S. It is cracked all over and you can see some internals from the front. It's eye catching, just not in a good way.

Posted via Android Central App on my all new One

Steven Ramirez

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I've been caseless for about a month. I hate the added bulk and weight. Yeah I could have bought a slimline case but those really don't offer drop protection.

I've dropped it twice so far on to concrete. If you drop the phone, its gotta get scuffed up with light silver marks. For me, I don't really care. It's just a phone. To me a little wear and tear adds character.

I just have ghost armor on the screen. I feel that will provide all the necessary protection.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante