Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Oliver Hyde
  • 1 Post By Super Dave426
  • 1 Post By wormdood
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8): Is there a way to remove the Google search bar swipe up lockscreen?

To remove the Google search bar swipe up on the lock screen? It annoys me when I just try and unlock an icon and hit that instead. I'd rather just remove it and not deal with it.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Is there a way...

Disable the google search app, I had this exact problem it is very frustrating, this also removes the google search bar from the home screen
    Thanked by:
    Dizfunctions likes this.

You can also download the app Screen Off and Lock. When you swipe up from the home button it will ask you if you want to use Screen Off or Google Now. If you choose always, then you can turn your screen off with a gesture just like motion launch gestures. I never use Google Now so it works wonders for me. Try it out

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Hyde View Post
    Disable the google search app, I had this exact problem it is very frustrating, this also removes the google search bar from the home screen
    Thanks, that does what I want. I didn't have the search bar on a home screen anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    You can also download the app Screen Off and Lock. When you swipe up from the home button it will ask you if you want to use Screen Off or Google Now. If you choose always, then you can turn your screen off with a gesture just like motion launch gestures. I never use Google Now so it works wonders for me. Try it out

Good tip, I might give that a try.

Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a way to remove the Google search bar swipe up lockscreen?

Is there a way to disable the swipe up search function while keeping voice dialing? I disabled Google Search, which did remove the swipe up function, but it also killed voice dialing, which I need. Pressing the button on my Bluetooth does nothing any more.

I thought I had a stock HTC voice dialing app, but doesn't look like it. I even checked to make sure it wasn't simply disabled. Suggestions?

Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a way to remove the Google search bar swipe up lockscreen?

Sorry for necro.
    I disabled Google search it shuts off voice dialing/texting. Have not found a real solution.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalMotherASF View Post
    Sorry for necro.
    I disabled Google search it shuts off voice dialing/texting. Have not found a real solution.
    It's a shallow grave still, I think.

Though, I'm now lo looking for a new voice dialing app too. If I get a good one, I've no problem shutting Google Search down completely. My Motorola phone spoiled me by letting me dial with one input. The Google one requires you to confirm every dial, is slower, and not as accurate. And if I have multiple numbers for a contact, I'm used to simply adding "at home" or "at work" or whatever at the end of the voice command. Now, even if I try that, it pulls up the contact and then asks which number I want to call. Aggravating.

disactivating this did not help...anyone has a solution?

Here's a good one. I enabled Google Now for all screens. Today I was listening to the "No Agenda" show from last week and they started talking about the hooker and Google executive that died and every time Adam says Google the launcher pauses the show and opens, guess I have to change the catch phrase, thinking about "Hey Now". I do use it, when driving I say OK Google text my wife blah blah blah and it does so I don't have to touch the phone at all.
    HTC One (M8) Stock For Now.
    David
    wormdood likes this.

In the morning!

Super Dave426 likes this.

How do I disable the Google search app?

I've disabled it but it still goes straight to ok google when i unlock my phone

To unlock the screen you can swipe from anywhere and to any direction. Ignore the arrow.

Google search will only appears if you swiped up from the bottom of the screen. That's what the arrow is meant for.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Nevermind

If your phone is rooted you can use the greenify app and set it to greenify and lock the screen when you swipe up from the home button. Really handy feature.

If your phone is rooted you can use the greenify app and set it to greenify and lock the screen when you swipe up from the home button. Really handy feature.
    This was the perfect solution to me, I didn't even have to use any of the app's other features. It does sound like a neat app, so I might actually try out the other functions.

I got so used to swiping up from the bottom with my HTC Amaze 4g that I was always opening google search by accident when unlocking my phone.