HTC One (M8): Please explain High Performance Mode

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Please explain High Performance Mode

Has anybody used the high performance setting? Does it make much of a difference and how much of an impact does it have on battery consumption?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Hello, I don't know how many years or days you have posted this ago, I forgot to check, so I'm just going to answer it as if it didn't matter when you asked. Now that is 2016, phones do more and more, my M8 tends to lag only though in this one scenario, where it has been disconnected from Internet and out of touch, and once I get it connected back, all of a sudden all the apps want to know what is up, and with all the services and apps I use, that tends to be the one and only thing that can bring this King of performance down to its knees for maximum of 10 seconds, before it catches up, but those 10 seconds, as we all know, are the key seconds when we actually want to use the phone, so I thought I'd try the Performance Mode. And unbelievably, now it is gone, the one time HTC M8 gets to lag, and with Performance Mode it's eliminated, due to removal of temperature/clock throttling. Because it is for those few seconds only, the phone doesn't get a chance to heat up noticeably, but I recommend turning off Performance Mode during gaming, because this phone can push any game to date flawlessly, and because when you remove this throttling by enabling Performance Mode, the phone will get real hot, as games will constantly take advantage of that extra power and they're not coded to monitor temperatures, but it isn't necessary to enable it unless a game really lags, but due to heat and constant higher CPU clock usage you'll drain more power because of that.
Great news is that Performance Mode doesn't really impact battery life at all for normal use aside from gaming, because the CPU is only really pushed to the max during those first few seconds of use, which is where the notable difference is.
My fiancé and I had the same complaint, both being on M8's, we didn't have it a year ago, interestingly, but I guess with times we do need more processing, and there is our proof.
Hope this answers. Cheers!

DJ Grand Theft Audio

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I don't know how many years or days you have posted this ago, I forgot to check, so I'm just going to answer it as if it didn't matter when you asked. Now that is 2016, phones do more and more, my M8 tends to lag only though in this one scenario, where it has been disconnected from Internet and out of touch, and once I get it connected back, all of a sudden all the apps want to know what is up, and with all the services and apps I use, that tends to be the one and only thing that can bring this King of performance down to its knees for maximum of 10 seconds, before it catches up, but those 10 seconds, as we all know, are the key seconds when we actually want to use the phone, so I thought I'd try the Performance Mode. And unbelievably, now it is gone, the one time HTC M8 gets to lag, and with Performance Mode it's eliminated, due to removal of temperature/clock throttling. Because it is for those few seconds only, the phone doesn't get a chance to heat up noticeably, but I recommend turning off Performance Mode during gaming, because this phone can push any game to date flawlessly, and because when you remove this throttling by enabling Performance Mode, the phone will get real hot, as games will constantly take advantage of that extra power and they're not coded to monitor temperatures, but it isn't necessary to enable it unless a game really lags, but due to heat and constant higher CPU clock usage you'll drain more power because of that.
Great news is that Performance Mode doesn't really impact battery life at all for normal use aside from gaming, because the CPU is only really pushed to the max during those first few seconds of use, which is where the notable difference is.
My fiancé and I had the same complaint, both being on M8's, we didn't have it a year ago, interestingly, but I guess with times we do need more processing, and there is our proof.
Hope this answers. Cheers!

Hi, You mentioned that it's gone. Is that due to an update? I'm still on Kitkat 4.4.4. Just want to know if they have removed it from an update if so which one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stark