Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 37 of 37
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

    Default Re: Still not satisfied with my battery life (HTC one m8)

    Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    In my experience, 48 hours of routine use is pretty easy. Its not like I am bored of the phone already yet either.
    Auto brightness IS THE WAY TO GO.
    But if you have the option, go to Settings, Mobile Data, Network Mode, and select GSM / WCDMA auto instead of GSM / WCDMA / LTE auto.

    In other words, don't sit on LTE unless you need it, because it takes considerably more battery than HSPA.
    Yeah i wanted to do that but i have the att version so i cant change the network immediately. I can do it manually but im gonna wait for an update

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

    Default Re: Still not satisfied with my battery life (HTC one m8)

    Update on my battery experience. I think today was a medium- heavy usage. I use the power saving mode after 15%

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Still not satisfied with my battery life (HTC one m8)-1398742577457.jpg   Still not satisfied with my battery life (HTC one m8)-1398742593746.jpg  
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Still not satisfied with my battery life (HTC one m8)

    I got 17 hours on mine yesterday which is pretty normal that is with talk, text and normal use. I did a clean install and did not set it it to auto restore. I also ran the battery way down 2-3 times to 1% or let it drain until it powers off.
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Still not satisfied with my battery life (HTC one m8)

    Ready to chime in. Got my M8 4 days ago. Battery life is getting much better daily. End of day it is at 50%. My prior Evo LTE would be at critical level end of day, same sync settings.
  5. #30  

    Default Re: Still not satisfied with my battery life (HTC one m8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    Ready to chime in. Got my M8 4 days ago. Battery life is getting much better daily. End of day it is at 50%. My prior Evo LTE would be at critical level end of day, same sync settings.
    .
    Last edited by Jesus Janica; 04-30-2014 at 01:47 PM.
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Still not satisfied with my battery life (HTC one m8)

    Quote Originally Posted by johnmcc0710 View Post
    I got 17 hours on mine yesterday which is pretty normal that is with talk, text and normal use. I did a clean install and did not set it it to auto restore. I also ran the battery way down 2-3 times to 1% or let it drain until it powers off.
    it is not good for the battery of modern smart phones to drain them down to 0%,you can google this,this will cause long term damage to the battery,i do not recommend anyone do this,it could seriously mess up the battery.
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Still not satisfied with my battery life (HTC one m8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Janica View Post
    it is not good for the battery of modern smart phones to drain them down to 0%,you can google this,this will cause long term damage to the battery,i do not recommend anyone do this,it could seriously mess up the battery.
    I suggest YOU Google it.
    Running down the battery once every other month a) won't hurt it, because modern batteries have excellent protection circuit, and b) will actually train the phones charging chip to recognize just how deeply your battery can go before self protection circuits in the battery cuts power. Furthermore, c) phone designers take care to never push modern batteries to harmful levels.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
  8. #33  
    NickA's Avatar

    Posts
    1,374 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Still not satisfied with my battery life (HTC one m8)

    Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    I suggest YOU Google it.
    Running down the battery once every other month a) won't hurt it, because modern batteries have excellent protection circuit, and b) will actually train the phones charging chip to recognize just how deeply your battery can go before self protection circuits in the battery cuts power. Furthermore, c) phone designers take care to never push modern batteries to harmful levels.
    There's much debate over this, but the consensuses is to not let it discharge down to 0 on a regular basis. Once a month is actually encouraged and won't hurt it like you say. It will calibrate the battery and meter so your percentage indicator is more accurate.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
  9. #34  

    Default Re: Still not satisfied with my battery life (HTC one m8)

    Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    I suggest YOU Google it.
    Running down the battery once every other month a) won't hurt it, because modern batteries have excellent protection circuit, and b) will actually train the phones charging chip to recognize just how deeply your battery can go before self protection circuits in the battery cuts power. Furthermore, c) phone designers take care to never push modern batteries to harmful levels.
    and i SUGGEST you calm down,why are you mad? he said he discharged it 3 times to 0,that can be harmful,he didn't do it over the course of a month,second next time you quote someone do it kindly
  10. #35  

    Default Re: Still not satisfied with my battery life (HTC one m8)

    My m8 also don't get that much battery similar to the guy who posted this. It's been a week now and still no good. How often do you charge your m8 or do you charge it whenever it's low?

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

    Default Re: Still not satisfied with my battery life (HTC one m8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kram007 View Post
    My m8 also don't get that much battery similar to the guy who posted this. It's been a week now and still no good. How often do you charge your m8 or do you charge it whenever it's low?

    Posted via Android Central App
    I only charge ny m8 once a day. It was the signal that drains my battery cuz mostly i get 1 bar. Have you factory reset it.. and install apps one by one like per day... Maybe its a rogue app

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    Jesus Janica likes this.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Still not satisfied with my battery life (HTC one m8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Janica View Post
    it is not good for the battery of modern smart phones to drain them down to 0%,you can google this,this will cause long term damage to the battery,i do not recommend anyone do this,it could seriously mess up the battery.
    I opnly ran it down to zero once and the other 2 times were 1% or 2% at most. I have not been that low since.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. HTC One (M8): Bluetooth issue
    By nmacmil in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 03:58 PM
  2. HTC One (M8) did weird things to my SD Card
    By coreyacole in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-27-2014, 09:15 PM
  3. Broke root with ZJV update and can't remove Zenoia
    By Curtis Gabriel in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2014, 05:42 PM
  4. HTC Desire HD: Problem with apps on wifi
    By chrisharris204 in forum HTC Desire HD
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2014, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions