Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Music app and Google Music app crashing constantly.

I play a lot of music daily on my phone, but for a while now the music app (including Google's Play Music) has been crashing or in a sense, freezing on me and skipping files saying it cannot play them even though it has before. Another thing is that when I close the app and reopen it, it lags on start up and possible sometimes doesn't load and if it does it wont play any songs and freezes. The only way I found to make it work again for a little while is to put my phone into airplane mode and play music but it doesn't work all the time even in airplane mode. I've been searching online for any ideas of whats happening but haven't found anything yet. I was wonder if anyone is experiencing the same problems as me.

Thanks for the the responses and help.

Default Re: Music app and Google Music app crashing constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskinbunnies1911 View Post
    I play a lot of music daily on my phone, but for a while now the music app (including Google's Play Music) has been crashing or in a sense, freezing on me and skipping files saying it cannot play them even though it has before. Another thing is that when I close the app and reopen it, it lags on start up and possible sometimes doesn't load and if it does it wont play any songs and freezes. The only way I found to make it work again for a little while is to put my phone into airplane mode and play music but it doesn't work all the time even in airplane mode. I've been searching online for any ideas of whats happening but haven't found anything yet. I was wonder if anyone is experiencing the same problems as me.

Thanks for the the responses and help.
    When ever I get something like this... any device... Settings > App manger > All tab > find and click on app > Clear data and cache (one might clear both, but I don't remember). Try this, it usually works for me, unless the app is actually having problems... and if it continues you might need to send a report to the developers (usually you can find that in the Play Store).
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"