Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Can I change keyboard press time?

Hi,

I have an M8 as my company phone, and we are required to have pass codes for the lock screen that must contain numbers.

Is it possible to change the time of the key press of a button? I want to hold Q to get the number 1, but at the moment the key press is slightly too long. I remember seeing the setting somewhere, but can't find it again.

Any help much appreciated

Default Re: Can I change keyboard press time?

Quote Originally Posted by xreyuk View Post
    Hi,

I have an M8 as my company phone, and we are required to have pass codes for the lock screen that must contain numbers.

Is it possible to change the time of the key press of a button? I want to hold Q to get the number 1, but at the moment the key press is slightly too long. I remember seeing the setting somewhere, but can't find it again.

Any help much appreciated
    Unfortunately I uninstalled the Sense keyboard, but it SHOULD be under the Keyboard settings, then you tap on the Sense keyboard under Input Methods. There may be an Advanced setting area under that.

At least, that's the way to modify long-press delay on the Google Keyboard... I cannot recall 100% for Sense.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a setting for long press duration in the Sense input menu. I too would like the Sense keyboard more if it did though.

I use SwiftKey and know you can set this with that app but from what Aramos said the stock doesn't allow this.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

No problem, thanks guys

I use SwiftKey. Best keyboard I've discovered yet. You should give it a try, it's very customizable.

You can change long-press duration under the advanced settings in the menus, along with a lot of other things.

You can change it, its in settings > accessibility > press and hold delay, should be the last option. Sadly it gives you short, medium, and long options. I personally find the short option is not short enough lol

Posted via Android Central App