Can I change keyboard press time?

xreyuk

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have an M8 as my company phone, and we are required to have pass codes for the lock screen that must contain numbers.

Is it possible to change the time of the key press of a button? I want to hold Q to get the number 1, but at the moment the key press is slightly too long. I remember seeing the setting somewhere, but can't find it again.

Any help much appreciated :)

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have an M8 as my company phone, and we are required to have pass codes for the lock screen that must contain numbers.

Is it possible to change the time of the key press of a button? I want to hold Q to get the number 1, but at the moment the key press is slightly too long. I remember seeing the setting somewhere, but can't find it again.

Any help much appreciated :)
Unfortunately I uninstalled the Sense keyboard, but it SHOULD be under the Keyboard settings, then you tap on the Sense keyboard under Input Methods. There may be an Advanced setting area under that.

At least, that's the way to modify long-press delay on the Google Keyboard... I cannot recall 100% for Sense.

aramos87

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a setting for long press duration in the Sense input menu. I too would like the Sense keyboard more if it did though.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use SwiftKey and know you can set this with that app but from what Aramos said the stock doesn't allow this.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I use SwiftKey. Best keyboard I've discovered yet. You should give it a try, it's very customizable.

You can change long-press duration under the advanced settings in the menus, along with a lot of other things.

TheUnknownUser

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
You can change it, its in settings > accessibility > press and hold delay, should be the last option. Sadly it gives you short, medium, and long options. I personally find the short option is not short enough lol

Posted via Android Central App