HTC's flagship phone is getting audio help from Harman Kardon

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Dang, and I just left sprint for Verizon.... I wonder if it would be an update for other carriers?

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One M8

TriBeard92

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it will officially come to other carriers, but as of right now it just looks like a software eq, and some of the custom roms already have it integrated.

Posted via Android Central App

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Sprints version of the M8's are the only ones with the appropriate hardware in them for it.

I'm pretty sure theres nothing hardware about it, it's software based from all the reports so far

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Would have been more beneficial if they did that from the start and didn't play into this carrier exclusive nonsense.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure theres nothing hardware about it, it's software based from all the reports so far

There is definitely different hardware in Sprints version as in speakers and audio chip for the decompression of the stream.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
There is definitely different hardware in Sprints version as in speakers and audio chip for the decompression of the stream.

Watch the video android central just posted, they talk to Jeff Gordon who tells us all about it. The speakers are the same, it's a software addition.

The only hardware difference are the Harmon Kardon ear buds

rahxephon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

Do you have a source for that? In the articles I've read so far, I've only seen mention of 'Clari-fi' software EQ. This is good news for current owners as they may be able to add via roms etc.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a source for that? In the articles I've read so far, I've only seen mention of 'Clari-fi' software EQ. This is good news for current owners as they may be able to add via roms etc.

It's more than a software eq, it has algorithms that will fill in the highs and lows of audio lost by compression. They say it will deliver music reproduction that holds six times the amount of data than a standard CD. It also has the ability to play lossless and flac files.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So we should see an update? I heard it may be hardware do? Unless the current ones have the same hardware and htc never mentioned it when the originals went out

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8

You certainly won't see an update. If it was just an update Sprint/HTC wouldn't have made the big deal they did with this new version showing off a new colored hardware.

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Strange it's already on existing devices.. At least the software part.... Few rooted users already got it. Just wondering if an official update would be made.

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't say that you won't find it in other phones, it just says that it has a 24/192 dac

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)
That is the problem you are not getting? Do you know what a DAC is and why without it the software you want on the other phones is worthless. DAC- digital to analog converter . Remember the chip I mentioned.

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
That is the problem you are not getting? Do you know what a DAC is and why without it the software you want on the other phones is worthless. DAC- digital to analog converter . Remember the chip I mentioned.

Yes, I know very well what a DAC is.

That link you gave says nothing about the DAC being any different in the Harmon Kardon edition, because it isn't

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol