- 133 Posts
Installing my apps on the M8
I have only had one Android phone and I notice when I have done a factory reset on it, it automatically installs all of my apps on the phone, even ones I have uninstalled. When the M8 arrives and I set it up, can I prevent it from installing everything so I can weed out the ones I don't want, or should I uninstall and remove them from my phone now so they don't transfer over? Also, is it a good idea to not add them all at once in case one of them causes problems so I know which one it is?
- 04-29-2014, 12:59 PM #2
- 04-29-2014, 01:57 PM #3
- 1,120 Posts
Re: Installing my apps on the M8
During the initial setup of your new phone, if you tell it NOT to backup and restore from Google, it will not do that.
Once you get it setup how you like, you can then go into SETTINGS and turn the backup feature back on going forward. If you have a lot of wifi networks saved on your phone, it can be an advantage to let it restore what it thinks, and just remove that which you do not need. Its about the same amount of work either way, except if you let it restore, you also get back all your saved Wifi.
- By ibbyj in forum LG L90Replies: 1Last Post: 05-12-2014, 09:31 AM
- By dkhmwilliams in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 20Last Post: 05-04-2014, 01:39 PM
- By Jon Jackson in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 32Last Post: 05-01-2014, 03:50 PM
- By MSP2 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 04-30-2014, 07:31 AM
- By todd_k in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 04-29-2014, 03:22 PM