Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Installing my apps on the M8

I have only had one Android phone and I notice when I have done a factory reset on it, it automatically installs all of my apps on the phone, even ones I have uninstalled. When the M8 arrives and I set it up, can I prevent it from installing everything so I can weed out the ones I don't want, or should I uninstall and remove them from my phone now so they don't transfer over? Also, is it a good idea to not add them all at once in case one of them causes problems so I know which one it is?

Default Re: Installing my apps on the M8

Make a backup of your current phone & setup. Then when you get your m8 restore from your latest backup.

Sent from HTC One M8 Using AC Forums app

Default Re: Installing my apps on the M8

During the initial setup of your new phone, if you tell it NOT to backup and restore from Google, it will not do that.

Once you get it setup how you like, you can then go into SETTINGS and turn the backup feature back on going forward. If you have a lot of wifi networks saved on your phone, it can be an advantage to let it restore what it thinks, and just remove that which you do not need. Its about the same amount of work either way, except if you let it restore, you also get back all your saved Wifi.