Can I use any car charger with this phone?

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Do I need to buy a new car charger for this phone, or can I use the one from my Motorola since it has the micro usb plug? Are they all the same? One thing I noticed though, when I had my Razr connected to the car charger and was using navigation or even Pandora sometimes, it seemed like it never charged. It would just stay at whatever percentage it was at and never went up. Do different car chargers have different output?

ironbesterer

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the output. The charger you had before probably had a low input. But yes, any charger with a micro usb port should work.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for explaining about the output. I notice the home charger that came with it says 1.5A output. Is there a maximum output that can be used with a charger for this phone? I just want to make sure nothing is too high that it will damage it.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Nothing too high will damage it. The phone will only draw the current it needs, no more. As far as the car charger, I tried the one I used with my old phone. It had an 800ma output, and it barely charged the phone at all. Over an hour on the charger and it only jumped 2%. So I would suggest getting one with at least 1.5a.