Is there an FM radio on board?

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
So I am a bit confused.

1) The NextRadio app is the stock app that every other phone has besides the Verizon version of the M8?
2) And the FM radio technology is IN the Verizon M8, it's just that Verizon banned the NextRadio app on the Google Play Store for Verizon customers?
3) And if I could somehow get an apk file of the NextRadio app, it would work normally on the Verison M8 as it would with the (let's say) Sprint M8?

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
So I am a bit confused.

1) The NextRadio app is the stock app that every other phone has besides the Verizon version of the M8?
2) And the FM radio technology is IN the Verizon M8, it's just that Verizon banned the NextRadio app on the Google Play Store for Verizon customers?
3) And if I could somehow get an apk file of the NextRadio app, it would work normally on the Verison M8 as it would with the (let's say) Sprint M8?
No. Only the Sprint version uses NextRadio. The other variants use the stock (HTC) FM Radio app.

I assume the FM Radio hardware is in the device. Try installing an app like Spirit FM Radio and see if it works.

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
No. Only the Sprint version uses NextRadio. The other variants use the stock (HTC) FM Radio app.

I assume the FM Radio hardware is in the device. Try installing an app like Spirit FM Radio and see if it works.

Understandable.

I'd be nice if there was some way to get the stock HTC FM Radio app on my phone. I'm all about consistency, and when VZN doesn't include something every other cellular service provides I get a bit angry.

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Understandable.

I'd be nice if there was some way to get the stock HTC FM Radio app on my phone. I'm all about consistency, and when VZN doesn't include something every other cellular service provides I get a bit angry.
Sure, you can try installing it. I've seen it around. A search should yield results.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Thank you. I am on Verizon and rooted with Weaksauce, and the FM Radio apk installed and the app works perfectly.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
OK, here's a screen shot of FM Radio
e9ehudyh.jpg
ahajyna3.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member