is it worth the upgrade from m7

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I was trying your guys honest opinion if I should I upgrade. I am on AT&T Ten gig plan. and I have two devices which I'm getting $25 of each phone. so what are they worth it for me to buy it be unlocked phone straight from HTC or should i do that next installment plan from AT&T I would really appreciate your guyses views thank you in advance.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I think it's probably a better idea to get the phone from AT&T.
1) It's going to be cheaper
2) If you bought it unlocked, you'd have two phones and the M7 would likely see very little use.
3) The AT&T M8 supports carrier aggregation

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I was trying your guys honest opinion if I should I upgrade. I am on AT&T Ten gig plan. and I have two devices which I'm getting $25 of each phone. so what are they worth it for me to buy it be unlocked phone straight from HTC or should i do that next installment plan from AT&T I would really appreciate your guyses views thank you in advance.

I am on T-mo, i just got the t-mo version because they have all the right frequencies so that I can make sure my data is as fast as it can be with maximum coverage.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I think it's probably a better idea to get the phone from AT&T.
1) It's going to be cheaper
2) If you bought it unlocked, you'd have two phones and the M7 would likely see very little use.
3) The AT&T M8 supports carrier aggregation

1) is or really going g to try be cheaper when I have the do the next plain to keep my 25 dollar discount per phones so o have to stay off contact. I mean an awesome am on contract right now but I'll let as already with them for 8 mouths when the started the 10 gig plans so right now I am paying 117.54 foe my bill so u would have e Ether buy my phone out right or do the next program.
2) with regards to this Yes my m7 Mau not see a lot of use but I would be a good back up phone.
3) I think it's the chipset that's makes it have carrier aggression not at&t they can just take advantage of it.
so I could get the unlocked version. but I may get the carrier version because I would just disable all the bloatware like I did with the m7. but it you have the m8 how do you like it.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
1) is or really going g to try be cheaper when I have the do the next plain to keep my 25 dollar discount per phones so o have to stay off contact. I mean an awesome am on contract right now but I'll let as already with them for 8 mouths when the started the 10 gig plans so right now I am paying 117.54 foe my bill so u would have e Ether buy my phone out right or do the next program.
2) with regards to this Yes my m7 Mau not see a lot of use but I would be a good back up phone.
3) I think it's the chipset that's makes it have carrier aggression not at&t they can just take advantage of it.
so I could get the unlocked version. but I may get the carrier version because I would just disable all the bloatware like I did with the m7. but it you have the m8 how do you like it.

I don't have the M8, but a couple of people I know who do really like it. Battery life should be the most noticeable improvement.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from M7 and I think it is worth it. The biggest three things for me:

Better build quality.... Seriously the closest thing to perfection on any device.

Much improved battery life

Much improved front facing speakers.

Those three things alone are worth it. I do wish, however, that they would have stuck with the capacitive buttons. I still see no point at all for the software buttons. When Google released this, Matias Duarte and others were saying that it was for customizability, and how the buttons needed to change with each app..... Well, three years later and still no customizability and buttons don't ever change with apps other than them disappearing which just makes it more inconvenient to bring them back up to exit an app.

When the buttons are customizeable and change, then perhaps there is a use for software keys. Otherwise, they should have stuck with hardware capacitive.

Rant over. But yes it is worth the upgrade.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
thank you for your reply I will definitely have to think about it. what would you guys say should I get the unlocked version or the branded one what would be the difference between them.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It's everything the m7 tried to be. 100% worth it as right now it's the best phone out.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from the m7 to the m8. No regrets, totally worth it imo. They have improved upon everything compared to the m7, I would definitely recommend it if you want a better phone

The processor speed should be on the top of reasons to upgrade as well. My m7 was fast, but the m8 is speed of light fast. Also not a single hiccup, stutter, or lag since I got mine. That's a very difficult thing to do these days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995