What will I be missing out on if I use a different launcher?

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
The phone isn't even supposed to get here until tomorrow but I'm just excited and thinking ahead! I use Nova Launcher now and like it a lot. I know the Sense UI seemed pretty nice and smooth when I tried it in the store so I was just wondering if I use Nova on this, will I be losing any functions or features? I think one of the main reasons I like Nova is to have more than 5 icons down at the bottom on the dock (or whatever those stationary ones are called).

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I was a Nova launcher fan until the M8. I installed it and absolutely hated it. I went back to stock right away. The elegance of Sense IMO was not worth giving up.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I tried it with ADW and it was pretty good but did a clean install and installed the apps manually and that was worth it. I am using the stock Sense UI and really like it.

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Just curious what you hate about it on the M8. I installed Nova just to play around with it and I didn't notice I was missing anything except Blinkfeed which I don't really care about anyways. Just wondering if I am not noticing something because it seems like everything would function the same but you can customize it more.

I was a Nova launcher fan until the M8. I installed it and absolutely hated it. I went back to stock right away. The elegance of Sense IMO was not worth giving up.

luckydwg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I use Nova and agree. What I like about Nova are the gestures. I have swipe down for the notification bar that is nice since they made the m8 taller. Set up double tap to sleep. I have gotten so used to those two i have a hard time going back to the blinkfeed launcher.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I use the Google launcher. I didn't care much for BlinkFeed. Much rather have Google now available. And it's just as smooth so far. No real customization options. For me just having Google now and being able to say "ok Google" to launch voice recognition is enough for me.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I guess I didn't know about Google Launcher. So you can just say "ok Google" anytime and Google now pops up, or do you have to trigger something first? I do use Google Now and find it pretty easy to just swipe up from the home screen to activate it but just seeing if I understand you as to how it launches with this launcher.

I use the Google launcher. I didn't care much for BlinkFeed. Much rather have Google now available. And it's just as smooth so far. No real customization options. For me just having Google now and being able to say "ok Google" to launch voice recognition is enough for me.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar