Does anyone know how the auto sleep feature on this device works? I noticed the other day that I set my phone to the side and the screen didn't timeout until several minutes later. If you go to the display settings I believe, there's the top option is Auto Sleep followed by 15secs, 30secs, etc. I set it to 30 secs now but I wanted to know what determines how quickly the screen times out in auto sleep mode. Maybe there's something I'm missing. Might it be similar to Samsungs smart stay?
Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
- 04-30-2014, 09:23 AM #2
- 04-30-2014, 10:24 AM #3
- 125 Posts
Re: Auto Sleep
I too was wondering exactly what this does. If I set the phone down, it seems to turn off after about 20 seconds. I assumed that maybe if you had the phone in your hand or were moving it, that it would assume you are using it and keep the screen on, but that's not always the case. Perhaps it uses the front camera to determine if your eyes are reading the screen like the Samsung?
- 04-30-2014, 11:32 AM #4
- By Jax2008 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 9Last Post: 05-04-2014, 11:32 AM
- By demarco5 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 19Last Post: 05-04-2014, 09:05 AM
- By naviwilliams in forum HTC One M8Replies: 7Last Post: 04-30-2014, 02:58 PM
- By Buckot in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 0Last Post: 04-28-2014, 05:59 PM
- By MaraMay in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 04-28-2014, 08:07 AM