Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Auto Sleep

Does anyone know how the auto sleep feature on this device works? I noticed the other day that I set my phone to the side and the screen didn't timeout until several minutes later. If you go to the display settings I believe, there's the top option is Auto Sleep followed by 15secs, 30secs, etc. I set it to 30 secs now but I wanted to know what determines how quickly the screen times out in auto sleep mode. Maybe there's something I'm missing. Might it be similar to Samsungs smart stay?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default Re: Auto Sleep

How quickly the screen times out in auto sleep mode when you're not using it should be determined by how you set it. If it doesn't IRL there's obviously something wrong.

I too was wondering exactly what this does. If I set the phone down, it seems to turn off after about 20 seconds. I assumed that maybe if you had the phone in your hand or were moving it, that it would assume you are using it and keep the screen on, but that's not always the case. Perhaps it uses the front camera to determine if your eyes are reading the screen like the Samsung?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Vsweety View Post
    How quickly the screen times out in auto sleep mode when you're not using it should be determined by how you set it. If it doesn't IRL there's obviously something wrong.
    Auto Sleep is an actual function independent of what you set to be the screen timeout.

Quote Originally Posted by sitlet View Post
    I too was wondering exactly what this does. If I set the phone down, it seems to turn off after about 20 seconds. I assumed that maybe if you had the phone in your hand or were moving it, that it would assume you are using it and keep the screen on, but that's not always the case. Perhaps it uses the front camera to determine if your eyes are reading the screen like the Samsung?
    That's what I'm thinking.

Thanks.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk