Persistent notification bar

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
If I'm playing music while on the internet the notification will just stay there the entire time. Anyone else have this problem? uploadfromtaptalk1398899700535.jpg

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
That is a part of the app you're listening to, my friend.

Its not really an issue.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Um you kind of misunderstood what I meant, I'm not talking about the notification icon, I know that means I'm listening to music. I'm talking about the actual transparent bar that you see at the top. That stays there the entire time while I'm playing music. It won't go away. I have the browser set to full screen too. Here's another picture where I don't even touch the screen, the on screen buttons go away for me to browse but the notification bar is still there. uploadfromtaptalk1398900261507.jpg

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Um you kind of misunderstood what I meant, I'm not talking about the notification icon, I know that means I'm listening to music. I'm talking about the actual transparent bar that you see at the top. That stays there the entire time while I'm playing music. It won't go away. I have the browser set to full screen too. Here's another picture where I don't even touch the screen, the on screen buttons go away for me to browse but the notification bar is still there. View attachment 115624

What music app are you using?

sent from my HTC One M8

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
There's something wrong there...neither the notification bar nor the nav buttons should go away. And the browser screen shouldn't extend past the notification bar. Does that only happen when you listen to music?

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
There's something wrong there...neither the notification bar nor the nav buttons should go away. And the browser screen shouldn't extend past the notification bar. Does that only happen when you listen to music?

this guy gets it....

it has nothing to do with icons, or immersive mode (that mode alone is up to the developers)

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes they should, it's called immersive mode

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

Yup that's what's it's called, when I got my phone the stock browser never used to have that. An update came out for the phone that included it. My browser is set to full screen mode, if you swipe up from the bottom of your screen or swipe down from the top, the transparent notification bar and nav buttons appear. When I'm playing music though the transparent bar will stay there.

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
this guy gets it....

it has nothing to do with icons, or immersive mode (that mode alone is up to the developers)

Not really... Some apps the developers actually care for are updated to include immersive mode built in. The stock browser in one of them. It doesn't necessarily have to be about developers only.

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Not really... Some apps the developers actually care for are updated to include immersive mode built in. The stock browser in one of them. It doesn't necessarily have to be about developers only.

While its built in to kit kat, app developers have to enable it for their apps

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Yup that's what's it's called, when I got my phone the stock browser never used to have that. An update came out for the phone that included it. My browser is set to full screen mode, if you swipe up from the bottom of your screen or swipe down from the top, the transparent notification bar and nav buttons appear. When I'm playing music though the transparent bar will stay there.

Didn't know the browser was updated with that. I have not received that update, and the full screen mode on my browser just hides the status bar. And I just played Pandora with that option enabled and it wasn't showing.

I would clear the data and cache of the browser app.

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Didn't know the browser was updated with that. I have not received that update, and the full screen mode on my browser just hides the status bar. And I just played Pandora with that option enabled and it wasn't showing.

I would clear the data and cache of the browser app.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was updated when I got the update for extreme power saver mode, I was hoping that the stock browser would get it, and it did. Can you do me a favor and try checking the stock music app? Full screen mode is supposed to remove the solid status bar which it does. The transparent bar is there when you swipe up or down from the bottom of the top of the screen to bring back up the nav buttons as well. Only when the nav buttons aren't there the transparent bar still is, when I'm playing music.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm pretty sure it was updated when I got the update for extreme power saver mode, I was hoping that the stock browser would get it, and it did. Can you do me a favor and try checking the stock music app? Full screen mode is supposed to remove the solid status bar which it does. The transparent bar is there when you swipe up or down from the bottom of the top of the screen to bring back up the nav buttons as well. Only when the nav buttons aren't there the transparent bar still is, when I'm playing music.

7azyhy8u.jpg

Well I guess there's a bug between those two apps.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
That's very weird my notification bar stays solid on youtube, and if I'm playing a song and start a video it will stop the song.

That is not the YouTube app, sorry for the confusion. That is still the stock browser, that's just the page I had open.

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
That is not the YouTube app, sorry for the confusion. That is still the stock browser, that's just the page I had open.

Lol oh okay, it looks exactly like the YouTube app. Is that the stock browser or Google Chrome?