Back to my iPhone 5s :/

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
The htc build quality is good. But one drop and it got all scratched up. The volume buttons were loose and the tiny screen real estate was not what I thought it would be. I went back to my 5s. The screen is only a little smaller and the phone is way smaller. It just seems so disproportionate. I really wanted to like it too. Dang.

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
To each their own. Gotta run with what makes you happy. The LG G3 should be pretty BadAss. Check that when it's released.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
So what's the point if this thread? Just to post why you don't like this phone? Are you hoping more people who are unhappy with the phone are going to come in here and agree with you? I don't get the mindset behind threads like these. Whatever, to each their own I guess...

Posted via Android Central App

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Kind of like when people post good things about the phone. I have posted here several times. I'm entitled to my opinion. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean I can't say what I want :) thanks though!

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Kind of like when people post good things about the phone. I have posted here several times. I'm entitled to my opinion. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean I can't say what I want :) thanks though!

You absolutely are entitled to your own opinion. I still don't understand the point of posting a thread in a forum of a device that you don't own. If I did what you did, I would go post a thread like this on an iPhone forum seeing as how that's the phone I would currently be using. Like I said, you can do whatever you want but I still don't get it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You absolutely are entitled to your own opinion. I still don't understand the point of posting a thread in a forum of a device that you don't own. If I did what you did, I would go post a thread like this on an iPhone forum seeing as how that's the phone I would currently be using. Like I said, you can do whatever you want but I still don't get it.

He did own it.. Just returned it.

Remember you don't have to read or reply to the thread if you don't like the content :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the support, guys. I am an htc supporter. It just didn't fit my needs. I don't see the big deal in sharing those experiences with other people. I hope people enjoy the device more than I did.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok I apologize for my previous posts. I came across as pretentious and condescending, and for that, I'm truly sorry.

With that said, your reasons for going back to the 5s just don't make sense to me.

You said you dropped your phone and it scratched up really easy. Won't the iPhone do the same thing? They are both made out of aluminum so I would assume the same thing would happen on both devices.

Also your volume buttons were loose and you could have exchanged it for one that didn't have loose buttons.

Now the tiny screen real estate comment is probably what made me comment in such a condescending way. Check it out:

uploadfromtaptalk1398919672520.jpg

56% more screen real estate (probably a little less due to on screen buttons) compared to the iPhone 5s. How would anyone consider the iPhone screen only a little smaller?

The phone being disproportionate is subjective. If it's better for you then that's all that matters.

You can still not like the device for the reasons stated, it's your money. I just think for the reasons given, you aren't gaining anything more by going back to your iPhone. That's my opinion though and you are going to have yours.

I truly wish you the best and hope you enjoy whatever device you get in the future!

sent from my HTC One M8

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Its always good to keep an open mind about any device. A year ago, if you would have told me I would have an HTC, I would have laughed. The M8 impressed me that much.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm talking screen real estate when searching the web, Facebook, etc - when the on screen buttons are visible on the m8. I don't see how the phone grew so much with such little screen growth from the last generation.

As for the case and it scratching - yes. The iPhone is aluminum and will scratch easily as well - but even putting the biggest and bulkiest safe case I can find for the iPhone (which I would never use anyway) it is still way more pocketable and comfortable than how big the m8 would be with a case that offers just as much protection.

The volume buttons really through me. 4/5 display models at AT&T had the loose buttons. As does my stepdads but unfortunately his can't be returned ( I don't think ?)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I say each to their own. That's why companies and manufactures have return policies. I'm still working on my week plan with the HTC One M8. If by Tuesday I'm not really wowed, it will be returned to AT&T. And believe me, I've tested hundreds of devices in the past 20 years :)

The M8 is nice, slightly a little large for me. Albeit that might be because I've been using a BlackBerry Z10 for so long. Now, the slippery part of it, that is a pain, period!?!

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
considering you tried the s5 and the m8 and still went back the the Apple-

my conclusion.

Droid is not yet for you. your an Apple guy-
good luck-

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The 5S is a fine phone. I actually considered getting an iPhone myself because current Android flagships are too large. I have also heard complaints that the M8 does get scratched easily, and the iPhone is much smaller compared to the M8. If I remember correctly the M8 is one of the tallest flagships.

Harime

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I got both, the HTC One M8 and the iPhone 5S and I have to say the screen makes a massive difference.

The iPhone is smaller and fits better in the pocket, yes, but reading news, Facebook, Twitter, emails ... is just so much better in the One M8.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
All phones that have that aluminum drive me up the wall. They get these burrs in the metal, insane scratches, even discoloration. I'm selling my 5s because of it. =/

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I got both, the HTC One M8 and the iPhone 5S and I have to say the screen makes a massive difference.

The iPhone is smaller and fits better in the pocket, yes, but reading news, Facebook, Twitter, emails ... is just so much better in the One M8.

Agreed 100%. My wife has the 5s . I look at her phone when she's showing me something on the safari browser and then I'm like, just let me pull it up on MY phone. Dinky little screens on the iPhone. I am currently running viperOne and I am using venom pie. No on screen buttons until I trigger them!

Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO